- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
India now has over 30% of world’s organic producers
With over 835,000 certified organic producers, it is home to more than 30 percent of the total number of organic producers (2.7 million) in the world. Uganda (210,352) and Mexico (210,000) would be the second and third largest organic producers, respectively.
The 19th edition of the Organic Agriculture Report claimed that the organic agriculture area and the value of its products have seen a steady increase over the years. The data was collected from 178 countries by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture, the State of Sustainability Initiative and the International Trade Center.
The increase in organic producers comes as a result of a large number of entrepreneurs advocating organic farming and its complementary methods, who
are spearheading the awareness of organic farming.
However, when it comes to the area under certified organic cultivation, India contributes only 2.59%, in other words: 1.5 million hectares of the total organic cultivation area of 57.8 million hectares. Thus, amongst the regions with the largest areas of organically managed agricultural land, India ranks 9th.
According to thebetterindia.com, with numerous organisations and firms backing organic farming, India ought to see a rise in the organic cultivation area. With entrepreneurs and start-ups spreading the impact of organic farming, it is sure to see an exponential growth from here on in.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spanish organic products distributed exclusively by Labella Bio
- 2018-12-13 New player in organic sector: Lema
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Mercabarna opens up to organic produce
- 2018-12-13 Bonduelle releases its first frozen organic offer
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Mercabarna to open first wholesale market for fresh organic products
- 2018-12-07 Argentina: Río Negro produces the most organic food
- 2018-12-07 "Increasing number of market stall holders find their way to organic fruits and vegetables at BelOrta"
- 2018-12-06 How organic is organic food in India?
- 2018-12-04 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-03 "Large retailers profit more from the organic craze than specialized stores"
- 2018-12-03 Spain: HaciendasBio expects to increase organic production by 61%
- 2018-12-03 Italy: Organic farming increases despite the greater effort required
- 2018-12-03 Spain: Valencia is the second region with most organic production companies
- 2018-11-30 "Consumer confidence in Russian organic produce is zero"
- 2018-11-30 Saarland number one in organic farming
- 2018-11-30 Organic vegetables: Producer prices remain high
- 2018-11-29 Italy: Veritas Biofrutta grows by 20% every year
- 2018-11-28 Slow start of the organic orange campaign in Seville
- 2018-11-26 2009 to 2017: The development of organic farming
- 2018-11-26 “Ample opportunities for organic farming in Ecuador”