- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Within the Americas:
Peru: Top exporter of tangerines, clementines and tangelos
The country's citrus fruit sales (143,000 tons) totalled $176 million, a 30% rise when compared to 2016. Top destinations were the United States, Canada and the Netherlands. However, exports to China and Russia also saw important increases in 2017.
Russia is now the main tangerine-importing country in the world, with purchases of around $600 million. In this sense, Peru’s tangerine shipments to the said destination experienced an increase thanks to its economic improvement and currency stabilization.
93% of tangerine and clementine production come from Ica and Lima regions. However, La Libertad and Arequipa regions have been increasingly cultivating these citrus fruits as well.
According to andina.com.pe, Peruvian tangerine, clementine and tangelo exports had an outstanding performance in 2017, thus ranking seventh on a global chart. In just five years, Inca tangerine shipments have doubled their export value, from $67 to $157 million, between 2013 and 2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Disastrous citrus campaign in Murcia
- 2018-12-14 Turkey: Bumper citrus harvest in Cukurova
- 2018-12-14 Peru: "We only offer organic limes"
- 2018-12-14 New UF/IFAS citrus trial data available soon
- 2018-12-14 Egypt: Orange exports continuing to expand
- 2018-12-13 China: Will Shatang oranges avoid the unmarketable condition of Nanfeng tangerines?
- 2018-12-13 "Jaffa Orri is the best mandarin in the world"
- 2018-12-13 Finger lime: Looks and pops like caviar, tastes like lime
- 2018-12-13 China: Booming citrus industry lifts Guangxi villagers out of poverty
- 2018-12-13 “Rational regulation of shipments help Egypt's oranges in China's market”
- 2018-12-13 South Africa asks EU to relax controls on its citrus exports
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Government to support processing of citrus into juice to tackle price crisis
- 2018-12-12 Cambodia: Koh Trong cultivation of pomelos expanding
- 2018-12-12 Sicilian approach: Sustainability, authenticity and short supply chain
- 2018-12-12 Florida citrus crop shows untypical stability
- 2018-12-11 Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Citrus exports to non-EU countries down by 14%
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Union of Unions convenes meeting to address citrus crisis situation
- 2018-12-11 Grenada’s agriculture sector to tackle Citrus Greening
- 2018-12-11 Morocco expects record citrus yields in 2018-2019