- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Ecuador: Unsure about effects new banana plantations
This was certainly the viewpoint of Assemblyman Carlos Falquez Batallas (PSC), who rejected the possible proliferation of new plantings by pointing out that it would be detrimental to the Oranian banana activity and the country.
He documented that the growth of banana plantations would bring an uncontrolled surplus. “This would particularly affect small and medium producers who would be forced to sell their banana plantations to the big producers, generating a serious social and economic problem in El Oro and the country,” said the assemblyman.
According to ecuadortimes.net, he added to this that the greater number of banana plantations in Ecuador would create a monoculture, which would generate a serious increase in diseases and pests.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Challenges faced by Philippines banana industry in 2018
- 2018-12-13 Sustainable bananas in greenhouses: first 'Dutch bananas' harvested
- 2018-12-12 China: How do banana production areas fare as a cold wave invades?
- 2018-12-12 Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- 2018-12-12 Cameroon banana exports reach 17,137 tons in November 2018
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"