- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australian produce grower-marketer delivers colourful new fruit range
Despite an increased focus on health and wellness, over 75% of Australians still don’t meet recommended daily intake of fruit and vegetables according to a study conducted by Horticulture Innovation Australia*.
The same report highlights that having greater access to fruit and vegetable varieties could boost consumption. Research by T&G, a major grower and distributor of fresh produce across Australasia, supported this finding.
T&G’s general manager in Australia (domestic), Daniel Waters says T&G identified an opportunity to assist Australian shoppers by making a wider, and more colourful range of fruits easily available to them under a new brand, Orchard Road.
“Orchard Road is a family of fruits packaged and promoted in a fun and engaging way. Consumers can expect a fresh rainbow of fruits to appear over coming months in select stores starting with a summer favourite - Tulare Giant Sugar plums. Berries, kiwifruit and other stone fruit will also be available in the coming weeks,” he says.
“We’re passionate about sharing our rainbow of goodness with everyone; to nourish and help people live healthy, active lives by feeding their bodies, as well as minds, with healthy fruit supported by a bespoke website (www.orchardroad.com.au). We’ll be providing consumers with tasty titbits of knowledge to help them on the road to better wellbeing through this site and other channels.”
Orchard Road is already in 800 stores across three States – New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria - with the range expected to expand further over the coming months.
*Reference: Fruit, vegetables and diet score. April 2017. CSIRO, Horticulture Innovation Australia.
For more information :
T&G Global Limited
Tel: + 64 27 201 2645
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market
- 2018-12-12 "We want to offer Palatinate specialties in a high quality segment"
- 2018-12-12 Moldova expands exports to Russia
- 2018-12-11 West Bengal government to boost potato exports with transport subsidy
- 2018-12-11 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-11 Growth of Vietnamese fruit and veg export slowing down
- 2018-12-10 Mauritius: 25% average drop in prices for imported fruits
- 2018-12-10 Ghana: Stray animals pose threat to vegetable production
- 2018-12-10 New holiday crop lights up the season
- 2018-12-10 Zimbabwe's farmers put their hope in irrigation scheme
- 2018-12-07 Keeping your fruit and veg fresh longer than ever imagined