- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
The icing on the cake:
Germany: Automatic labelling of fruits and vegetables
For producers of fruits and vegetables it is just as important to position themselves as a brand, as it is for manufacturers of packaged products. Given that products such as apples, kiwis and bananas are often sold as bulk goods, this is not an easy task. The outer packaging is missing and so are the means of placing a logo or other information them. Many fruit and vegetable producers therefore resort to the possibility to provide the food itself with a small sticker. The labeller LDI 20 from Bizerba automates this process: An optical sensor recognizes the product whereupon the label dispenser positions itself correctly and the fruit is labelled.
Unique: the LDI 20 also labels loose fruits. (Photo: Bizerba)
The label dispenser can process up to 15 different label formats and sizes and can even use stickers with corrugated backing paper. Changing the cassettes is not necessary, which reduces set-up times and service costs. In addition, the LDI 20 stores all article data and keeps it in favorites lists. The step-by-step control makes it possible to label foods with different formats. So that the backing paper does not take up too much space after applying the labels, a downstream shredder cuts the material up.
The labelling system can be easily integrated into existing production lines and has interfaces to transfer data to higher-level systems. Simplified operation is made possible by the 9.7-inch touch screen, which at the same time reduces incorrect entries. Also, the device -made of aluminium- is easy to maintain and clean, and the label dispensers can be replaced quickly. Optionally, producers of fruits and vegetables can retrofit supply and discharge belts. It is also possible to equip the labeller with a vision system for automatic recognition of the product position and a photocell for the separation belt.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 Robotisizing sorting and packing of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-12-06 Optical sorter helps to vertically integrate and reduce sorting costs
- 2018-12-05 "Rapid growth in five years in Spain"
- 2018-12-05 "In a citrus campaign like the current one, every cent counts"
- 2018-12-05 Measuring more equals knowing more
- 2018-12-03 Spargelhof Werner, a satisfied user of asparagus harvester AspergeSpin
- 2018-11-30 Small Robot Company attempts to re-imagine farming with Tom
- 2018-11-29 Engels Innovatietechniek BV sells 10,000th asparagus spider at ExpoSE
- 2018-11-27 Tray sealing company expands with US factory
- 2018-11-27 Italy: technology manufacturers discovering the Colombian market
- 2018-11-23 Kiremko innovations during Interpom Primeurs 2018
- 2018-11-23 “Internal quality increasingly important”
- 2018-11-22 US research: Robotic hands, sensitive enough to pick soft fruit
- 2018-11-21 Reduce give-away with this smart scale
- 2018-11-21 Autonomous asparagus harvesting machine ready for use in 2019
- 2018-11-21 FTNON expands with new onion and bell pepper machines
- 2018-11-20 "From first enquiry to project engineering to the finished product"
- 2018-11-20 More efficient and specific trading with optical sorter
- 2018-11-16 Revolutionary packing machine unveiled at Interpoma
- 2018-11-15 Sorting machine for frozen chips presented at Interpom 2018