- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Table potato market East Germany - MIO Kw 7/18
Prices remain unchanged despite numerous special offers
At the beginning of the new week, nothing has changed regarding previous prices. The price level will remain the same until the 9th calendar week, after consultation with local discounters and food retailers. At the beginning of March, larger quantities of refrigerated box storage will go on sale, so warehouse keepers' demands for surcharges will increase. The first Egyptian potatoes of the Princess variety have arrived in the packaging facilities. The subscription price is 52 EUR. Other Egyptian wares are already waiting in Italy for transport. Peeled potatoes are traded at fixed prices. There are still school holidays, but what the schools are not purchasing is partly compensated in the catering sector.
As expected, low demand for food products continues at the beginning of the week, as do the prices of recent weeks. Depending on the weather conditions at the time of storage, quality is are very different. Increasing problems and rot are reported. With the beginning of school, the peeled potato business is normalising again. Prices remain at the level of last week as the purchase prices for raw materials remain stable.
The long period of stable prices continues. Numerous weekly promotions can not change that. The sales are quiet, according to the season. The quality of the food is mostly good and can be kept by optimal storage conditions. Burdensome lots are largely sorted out. With the start of the school holidays, it has become a bit quieter on the peeled potato market. Price levels are stable.
The available supply of table potatoes is still plentiful. The lots available are all judged differently. But sortings are on a level that is normal for the season. The demand for good, light food is steady. Producer prices remain at the previous week's level. Turnover outside existing contracts is very difficult. Exports to the Czech Republic and Poland are stable, but could be at higher volumes, according to suppliers. Sliced potato producers source raw materials at unchanged prices and are largely satisfied with the quality. These remain at the current prices for peeled goods.
Compared to last week’s prices, the price ranges for various types of products remain between 9 and 13 EUR/dt. Fixing the prices is not to be expected for the time being, since plenty of food is available. Lesser lots have already been widely marketed. The sales are calm and quiet. The first products from Cyprus are supplementing the range. Prices from 80 to 83 EUR/dt are being asked. Food retailers are also sell premium French potatoes. Price levels remain unchanged on the local peeled potatoes market.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 The humble onion can determine India’s upcoming elections
- 2018-12-12 China: “Fall in Gansu onion production”
- 2018-12-12 Argentina: First PVY resistant potato will go on sale next year
- 2018-12-12 China will try to grow potatoes on far side of the Moon
- 2018-12-12 Results somewhat down for major UK potato supplier
- 2018-12-12 UK: Potato production hits lowest level since 2012
- 2018-12-11 Russian producers concerned about low potato prices
- 2018-12-11 Dry summer leads to acute problems in potato warehouses
- 2018-12-11 China's first regional income insurance claims completed
- 2018-12-11 The Irish chip-shop could fall victim to Brexit
- 2018-12-11 "It's too early to call it a potato shortage"
- 2018-12-11 "Strong European demand for onions encourages Chinese export"
- 2018-12-11 "This is a year with great opportunities for Spanish onions"
- 2018-12-10 Production of French ware potatoes at 5,850,000t in 2018
- 2018-12-10 Indian onion farmers remain at mercy of market ups and downs
- 2018-12-10 Peru: Giving potatoes added value and being competitive is challenging
- 2018-12-07 Australia: McCain launches sweet potato chips
- 2018-12-07 Ireland imported 72,000 tons of potatoes in 2017
- 2018-12-07 Tearless sweet onions begin shipping this week in US
- 2018-12-07 China: Onion price shows promise of improvement