- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
UK: Possible outcomes for food trade with EU after Brexit
In the report, they conclude: "For over 40 years, the UK has shared a strong trading relationship with the EU. Brexit will inevitably introduce friction to trading routes.
"During trade negotiations, it is vital that the impacts of tariffs on the agricultural industry are fully understood and taken account of. The Government must ensure that the interests of the industry are not pushed aside for the benefit of other higher-profile industries, such as financial services. Different scenarios will affect agri-food sectors differently.
"Non-tariff barriers are also a huge concern to the agricultural industry. These will add additional paperwork and checks to trade, with the potential to cause an additional expense and delays to businesses. The Government must be prepared for a situation where we trade under WTO rules, and start preparing accordingly.
"There are opportunities for different sectors to improve their domestic markets. However, this will not happen overnight. The Government must look at ways to support the agricultural industry during this transition.
"As the Government looks beyond the EU for new free trade agreements, it must not sacrifice our reputation for animal welfare and environmental standards. Cheap imports into the UK could have a huge impact on how the British brand is viewed overseas and affect our long term prospects."
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 China Easter Airlines in firm first position as global fresh produce carrier
- 2018-12-14 MSC and Traxens launch IOT pilot project to improve terminal efficiency
- 2018-12-14 French fresh produce storage company opens US headquarters
- 2018-12-14 Traffic bans on Christmas Days
- 2018-12-13 Italy: Ocean Alliance & The Alliance launch new service at La Spezia port
- 2018-12-13 Merger of Maersk Brokers and Wonsild Dry
- 2018-12-13 MSC launches Almería-Valencia container line
- 2018-12-13 Etihad Cargo expands air freight capacity for new Barcelona route
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Regular maritime container service to link Almeria and Valencia
- 2018-12-13 Solution to temperature claims in fruit transport
- 2018-12-12 Moody’s downgrades Maersk’s ratings
- 2018-12-12 Evaluation of air cargo and logistics with focus on export to Gulf States
- 2018-12-11 Cool Port wrests itself from start-up problems
- 2018-12-11 CMA CGM to help develop Port of Odessa
- 2018-12-11 "Strikes in Valparaíso affect Chile's foreign trade image"
- 2018-12-10 Zhengzhou adds Vietnam as new freight train destination
- 2018-12-07 Emirates SkyCargo: Fifth anniversary of Ecuador freight operations
- 2018-12-07 DP World Posorja has financing of $377 million
- 2018-12-06 CMA CGM and Freightos sign landmark agreement advancing digitization in the shipping industry
- 2018-12-05 Maersk: India registers 10% growth containerised trade in Q3 2018