- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South African Table Grape Industry
South African grape volumes hitting the low end of the 4th estimate
The early regions, Northern Provinces and Orange River have completed packing for the season. The Northern Provinces ended the season with its biggest crop on record.
Although the Orange River's figures are less than the initial crop estimate, due to some difficulties during the harvest, it still reached the second biggest crop on record. Both of these regions have sufficient water as summer rain fall areas and remain unaffected by the drought in the rest of the country.
Click here for a larger image
In Olifants River nearly all the producers in Vredendal are done packing with the rest of the region expected to complete packing this week (week 8). It is expected that this region will finish within the range set during the 4th crop estimate.
Berg River is expected to pack for another full week (week 9) whereafter it will slow down depending on the amount of available water. Producers are confident they will reach the lower limit of the 4th crop estimate.
While packing is continuing briskly in Hex River, Crimson might finish earlier this season with lower volumes due to the drought. The amount of available water is still a major challenge. Despite these difficult circumstances harvesting in this region is encouraging and progressing well.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 China: Price "explosion" for cherries
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?
- 2018-11-29 Argentina: Blueberry export volumes are behind compared to last year
- 2018-11-28 Mexico: “We hope to start our strawberry export to Europe this season”
- 2018-11-27 Tunisian fruit exports to Libya soaring
- 2018-11-27 Ukrainian apples shipped to five Middle Eastern markets for the first time
- 2018-11-27 Sharp drop of Moldovan apple, plum and table grape exports to Russia
- 2018-11-23 Del Monte presents on-the-go fruit snacking ranges