- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
As part of Biostädte (‘organic cities’), now Nuremberg joins a network of municipalities across Germany -including Munich, Bremen and Karlsruhe- working to make food production healthier and more sustainable.
In other cities like Berlin, Cologne and Kiel, urban and community-supported agriculture is introduced, which includes the greening of new buildings and the transformation of uncontaminated industrial land into community gardens. Their plans also foresee car-free, solar-powered districts where edible plants grow on and around buildings.
Citizens are being encouraged to cultivate useful crops, using public green areas in their neighbourhoods to plant rows of potato plants or fruit trees. In doing so, they alleviate the municipal taxes, as this costs less than designing and maintaining the public green spaces.
According to an article by dw.com, these urban agricultural spaces are intended to become focal points where food is produced, processed and traded.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-02-28 ‘We want to be Europe's leading supplier of organic apples’
- 2018-02-28 "Demand for organic lemons is on the rise"
- 2018-02-27 Mexico puts pressure on US organic citrus market
- 2018-02-27 Organic Hawaiian Turmeric season underway
- 2018-02-27 “Our philosophy is to represent kiwifruit as a basic product”
- 2018-02-26 Organic papaya program opened the doors to a full organic line
- 2018-02-26 Study compares organic and conventional strawberries
- 2018-02-26 New harvest of South African organic pumpkins
- 2018-02-23 European organic market grew by double digits in 2016
- 2018-02-23 US demand grows strongly for organic sweet potatoes
- 2018-02-23 Indonesian organic farming: reducing dependence on imported pesticides and fertilizers
- 2018-02-22 Transforming Germany’s cities into organic food gardens
- 2018-02-22 Cool Texas winter ensures sweet organic grapefruit season
- 2018-02-21 Norma awarded best German organic retailer in 2018
- 2018-02-21 Photo report: Organic Route at Fruit Logistica 2018
- 2018-02-20 Organic pumpkins to adopt laser labelling in Europe
- 2018-02-20 Italy: La Costiera organic Primofiore lemons
- 2018-02-19 Chile: Demand for organic blueberries increases every year
- 2018-02-16 US: More plantings of organic celery
- 2018-02-15 UK organic market has seen six years of steady growth