- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philippines: Salvador Benedicto potential highland organic vegetable capital
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist is currently focusing on boosting production of high-value crops, mainly vegetables, to support the local food industry, specifically restaurants and culinary destinations. Provincial Agriculturist Japhet Masculino said that the increasing tourism appeal in the province requires additional production of fresh and healthy high-value crops.
Masculino: “We are working on further developing Salvador Benedicto as a major source of highland organic vegetables. It is just a matter of looking for farmers willing to go into vegetable production. Cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, and carrots are among the vegetables that are produced in upland areas. These crops are more suited for highland places due to certain climatic range.“
Sunstar.com reported how Salvador Benedicto really has huge potential for vegetable production given its ideal climate and good accessibility to irrigation, he added. What the town needs now is just the introduction of technology among its farmers, and mentoring, to start producing highland organic vegetables.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spanish organic products distributed exclusively by Labella Bio
- 2018-12-13 New player in organic sector: Lema
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Mercabarna opens up to organic produce
- 2018-12-13 Bonduelle releases its first frozen organic offer
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Mercabarna to open first wholesale market for fresh organic products
- 2018-12-07 Argentina: Río Negro produces the most organic food
- 2018-12-07 "Increasing number of market stall holders find their way to organic fruits and vegetables at BelOrta"
- 2018-12-06 How organic is organic food in India?
- 2018-12-04 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-03 "Large retailers profit more from the organic craze than specialized stores"
- 2018-12-03 Spain: HaciendasBio expects to increase organic production by 61%
- 2018-12-03 Italy: Organic farming increases despite the greater effort required
- 2018-12-03 Spain: Valencia is the second region with most organic production companies
- 2018-11-30 "Consumer confidence in Russian organic produce is zero"
- 2018-11-30 Saarland number one in organic farming
- 2018-11-30 Organic vegetables: Producer prices remain high
- 2018-11-29 Italy: Veritas Biofrutta grows by 20% every year
- 2018-11-28 Slow start of the organic orange campaign in Seville
- 2018-11-26 2009 to 2017: The development of organic farming
- 2018-11-26 “Ample opportunities for organic farming in Ecuador”