- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Delaware farmers’ markets very successful in 2017
In 2017, there were 21 community-run farmers’ markets in Delaware. These markets are economic drivers for the state’s agricultural industry. Fresh produce made up 53 percent of total sales, with the remainder coming from products such as meats, cheeses, jellies, breads, salsa, eggs, or honey. Both residents and visitors of the state continue to buy locally because of the fresh, high quality products that Delaware’s farm families grow.
“Farmers’ markets play an important role in providing Delaware grown fruits, vegetables, and value-added products to both rural and urban communities across our state,” said Delaware Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Stacey Hofmann. “We are starting to see an important change in the attendance at farmers’ markets – and that is more and more children are attending with adults. This is exciting because research shows if children are able to select their fruits and vegetables, then they are more likely to eat them. Learning to making healthy choices now, with the help of role models, will encourage a lifetime of healthy eating.”
News.delaware explains how Delaware farmers’ markets are all run at the local level, by municipalities, business groups, farmers or market associations, with the Department of Agriculture providing support and marketing assistance.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market
- 2018-12-12 "We want to offer Palatinate specialties in a high quality segment"
- 2018-12-12 Moldova expands exports to Russia
- 2018-12-11 West Bengal government to boost potato exports with transport subsidy
- 2018-12-11 Westminster urged to promote fruit and vegetable sector
- 2018-12-11 Growth of Vietnamese fruit and veg export slowing down
- 2018-12-10 Mauritius: 25% average drop in prices for imported fruits
- 2018-12-10 Ghana: Stray animals pose threat to vegetable production
- 2018-12-10 New holiday crop lights up the season
- 2018-12-10 Zimbabwe's farmers put their hope in irrigation scheme
- 2018-12-07 Keeping your fruit and veg fresh longer than ever imagined