- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Georgia greenhouse construction project coming to life
Over the course of the last few weeks once post holes were dug and back filled, and Dutch greenhouse builder Havecon began erecting the main structure with full scale implementation now underway. From a timing standpoint, the project is on track for completion by late summer with the first crop of tomatoes & seedless cucumbers to be planted shortly thereafter.
“Building a high-tech greenhouse in Georgia was part of our growth strategy to extend our reach across North America. Being strategically located in Peach County allows us in some instances to have same day & next day deliveries in the southeast region”, stated Matt Mastronardi, Executive Vice-President. Pure Flavor® researched more than 400 sites throughout North America before settling on Peach County, GA. The 75-acre greenhouse project broke ground in September 2017 and will be built in 3 phases of 25 acres. Phase 1 is expected to be completed in late Summer 2018.
“Greenhouse tomatoes & seedless cucumbers grown in Georgia will help breathe new life in to the category. It will help our retail (& foodservice partners) in the region to have fresher product on store shelves while maintaining consistent quality and availability year-round. In the end, it is the consumer who will benefit from great product grown in the state of Georgia”, said Mastronardi.
Retail partners & consumers can follow the progress in photos of the Georgia
greenhouse construction on a weekly basis by visiting the Pure Flavor® Georgia Photo Gallery: https://goo.gl/s5UCgc
“We are connecting our customers with the project in every way possible with frequent updates via social media, the photo gallery, and video stories shot by drone”, said Chris Veillon, Chief Marketing Officer. A customised website was built just before the groundbreaking in September 2017 to announce the project, the page now serves as the central resource for everything to do with the Georgia project. “A connected customer is an informed customer, we can’t wait to get our first plants into the greenhouse later this summer”, said Veillon. Pure Flavor® expects the first crops to be picked in early Fall 2018.
Pure Flavor®’s most recent Georgia construction video:
Pure Flavor® will be exhibiting at the upcoming Southern Exposure Trade Show & Convention in Tampa, FL March 3rd. Visitors are encouraged to visit Booth #605 to learn more about the Georgia project.
To learn more about the Pure Flavor® Georgia greenhouse project, please visit
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Macfrut 2019 first: Green House Technology Village shows greenhouse cultivation
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse acreage expanding faster in Morocco than in Spain
- 2018-12-12 "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- 2018-12-10 First Roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter
- 2018-12-06 Ohio greenhouses in full production this winter
- 2018-12-05 Living greens company launches organic red butter lettuce and spring mix
- 2018-12-05 Australia: Costa tomato farm starts AU$67 million expansion
- 2018-12-04 Canadian government supports greenhouse farming
- 2018-12-04 "We aim to displace importers, not existing local growers"
- 2018-12-03 A greenhouse in the eternal ice: vegetable gardening in the Antarctic
- 2018-11-29 Kaufland focuses on local winter tomatoes
- 2018-11-29 Mexico: Greenhouse climate control with geothermal energy
- 2018-11-28 Carl Mastronardi wins Produce Person of The Year from OPMA
- 2018-11-27 Seasonal production ramping up of specialty greenhouse vegetables
- 2018-11-27 The largest greenhouse in the Czech Republic is already functioning
- 2018-11-23 "Exempt indoor grown lettuce from romaine recall"
- 2018-11-22 Microgreens more than just a garnish
- 2018-11-20 How are cultivation techniques developing in China?