- Organic Farm Manager Malawi
- Manager Production Seedlings - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht
- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Harvesting commences at one of Zimbabwe’s bigger blueberry projects
- “Blueberry consumption needs to increase at a higher rate”
- “Kiwifruit, citrus and apples have become the most demanded products in India”
- Spain: Massive hail storm could have huge impact on European stone fruit season
- Passion fruit: side-line becomes serious
Early signs point to a large New Zealand kiwifruit crop
Total volumes could be more than the record-breaking crop of 2016, although Courtney said this years' crop had a greater number of maturing vines that produced more fruit than two years ago.
"We are going to be closer to the 2016 numbers than the 2017 numbers. We are having better yields this year with our green and all of that gold kiwifruit that has been planted, more and more of it comes into production every year."
He told stuff.co.nz they would have a clearer idea of how this year's crop was shaping up in about a month. It is too early to say when harvesting will begin this year, although it traditionally starts in mid-April. Courtney has backed the findings of a new report from ANZ that outlined investment opportunities within the industry. The ANZ Kiwifruit Insights paper showed strong global demand, coupled with Zespri's ambition to grow global sales to $4.5 billion by 2025, had driven demand for kiwifruit orchards which were selling at record prices.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-13 Chinese Shixia longans hit the market
- 2020-07-13 New Zealand horti prospects look bright
- 2020-07-13 Sicilian prickly pear campaign about to start
- 2020-07-09 Kiwi ingenuity pays off on Kerikeri mandarin orchards
- 2020-07-09 Egyptian pomegranate season kicks off at the end of July
- 2020-07-09 Kiwifruit exporter to focus on health benefits in new Australian marketing campaign
- 2020-07-08 Indian government plants seeds to grow exotic fruits, discouraging imports
- 2020-07-08 “Our young coconuts aren't harvested by monkeys”
- 2020-07-07 Chinese lychee export is growing
- 2020-07-07 "There's no monkey business with our coconut harvest"
- 2020-07-07 Meris outclassed Hayward
- 2020-07-07 Movement steady but pricing drop on Mexican dragon fruit
- 2020-07-06 "Green kiwifruit sells well in European market, but export volume in Chinese market is limited"
- 2020-07-06 Lower rambutan volumes but steady demand on US market right now
- 2020-07-03 Vietnam: Ly Son garlic receives certificate of geographical indication
- 2020-07-03 "Can't come to the Mediterranean this year? Worry not, we bring its tastes to you"
- 2020-07-03 Volume building on imported jackfruit
- 2020-07-02 "When the irradiated sticker is placed on the boxes, people no longer buy them"
- 2020-07-02 Mexico: The harvest of figs for export begins in Aguascalientes
- 2020-07-02 "Chinese market price of seedless pomegranates shows downward trend"