- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Germany: METRO Leipzig shines in a fresh light
“With the redesign, we will focus even more on the growing demands of our customers and offer the highest food expertise, first-class product selection and a unique shopping experience," emphasized Thomas Storck, CEO of METRO Germany. The basic idea of this strategy: creating added value for the customer. "We see ourselves as partners and advocates for our customers and make every effort to fulfill their individual wishes and give them optimal advice," said Heike Glathe, Managing Director of METRO Leipzig.
Reopening Metro Leipzig - Photo source: Metro Germany
Comfortable, fast, clear: that’s what makes shopping fun
At METRO Leipzig, customers can look forward to a completely revamped total sales area of around 12,400 square meters, which invites the visitors to go and discover and which enables efficient purchasing. The modernization is immediately apparent to the customer: anyone entering the market through the new professional entrance has direct access to the freshness areas with completely redesigned departments and a new product presentation. The meat range includes more than 600 different items. A novelty is the Dry Aged-humidor for specially stored beef. Trained employees in the department advise customers on the selection. Other highlights: Around 110 different types of fresh fish of the highest quality are available daily, and many more items can be ordered on request. In the fruit and vegetable area there are 700 fresh items, including local and international specialties. METRO Leipzig also is a statement in terms of energy efficiency with its energy-saving cooling units and the new, state-of-the-art commercial refrigeration system, especially in the fresh food areas.
Range of premium assortments - Photo source: Metro Germany
Exquisite worlds: a paradise for gourmets
Another significant innovation in the METRO Leipzig range is the diverse range of premium products. Under the motto "Exquisite Worlds", the wholesale market presents top quality selected specialties in various product areas. The spectrum ranges from exclusive coffees and teas through fine chocolates to high-quality oils and exotic spices. Exquisite wines and spirits -a grand total of 2,000 products- await customers in their own special areas, including many rarities.
A successful model goes forth
"For us, the future is called ‘multichannel’. We want to provide our customers with exactly the assortments and services that meet their needs on all channels," said Thomas Storck. “That is why we are expanding our delivery services, also focusing our range of products and services even more on professional needs.” METRO Leipzig is already the fifth market to be rebuilt accordingly. In September 2016, the two METRO stores in Nuremberg were successfully redesigned and modernized, followed by the wholesale stores in Krefeld and Essen in April 2017. The company plans to gradually modernize further sites, taking into account the individual conditions and regional needs on site, as well as offering intensive training to prepare our staff for their new tasks.
Source: Metro Germany
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Coopcisa, Coopego and Novacitrus join forces to form Green Fruits Coop. V.
- 2018-12-14 California grower adds Sandra Sanchez to Team
- 2018-12-14 Dole Food Company sells Fresh Cut businesses in Sweden and Finland
- 2018-12-14 Shoprite opens first of its own distribution centres in Nigeria
- 2018-12-14 Olivier van Assche returns to fresh fruit and vegetable sector via software
- 2018-12-13 Greater planting distance leads to early cucumbers
- 2018-12-13 Carrefour opens its first laboratory store in Paris
- 2018-12-13 Camposol wins three acknowledgements granted by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion
- 2018-12-13 Capespan strengthens food safety promise
- 2018-12-13 SanLucar celebrates its debute in the luxury department store KaDeWe
- 2018-12-12 SumoSalad merges with THR1VE
- 2018-12-12 New building complex in Enger for labelling and inspection systems
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Jordi Cruz named ambassador of Jimbee brand
- 2018-12-12 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-12 What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- 2018-12-11 Losses from hurricane Irma affect Alico’s annual figures
- 2018-12-11 HKW buys fruit and vegetable distributor Fresh Direct Produce
- 2018-12-11 Leadership change for Fresca Group
- 2018-12-11 REO Veiling meets and informs its future generation of producers
- 2018-12-11 Van Ossenbruggen invests in new packing station and access road to N320