- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Reducing anxiety: 7 foods that will do the job
- US: Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak rattled food and grocery industries
- "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- US producers warn of national collard greens shortage
- Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Peri-Urban Ag: a solution for urbanization in India
The Ministry is hoping to double farmer's incomes by 2022 by continuing to increase production, but to also implement proper processing techniques and infrastructure for market expansion.
With an eye on 'Peri-Urban' agriculture, which means having small and large scale agriculture production located around the cities, the government feels that this type of agriculture can help with climate change, by diversifying food resources for urban populations. It is hoped that by creating attractive employment options, less agricultural land located near cities and towns will be swallowed up by land conversion.
The Minister said that Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH) has helped in production and productivity, post-harvest management and marketing by providing assistance in the production of quality seeds, protected agriculture, vegetable and organic farming.
"Due to rapid urbanization in the past years, demand for vegetables, fruits and flowers is constantly increasing in urban areas and Peri-Urban Agriculture can contribute to price stabilization through the development of important local food production centres of the diversified food system. This will reduce the burden on transport, and help in reducing greenhouse gas emissions from cold storage," said Singh.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 Western Australian vegetable growers fear water licence fees
- 2018-12-11 Ukraine adopts law regulating food labelling
- 2018-12-11 "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- 2018-12-11 Indian rupee again falling 1.2% against dollar
- 2018-12-10 'Shelf management can really boost retail sales'
- 2018-12-10 South Africa steps up land reform
- 2018-12-10 Italian knowledge for Eastern European fruit orchards
- 2018-12-10 Agricultural trade balance projected to decline to lowest level since 2007
- 2018-12-10 FDA releases reports on avocado and hot pepper sampling
- 2018-12-07 Fyffes denies allegations of abuse at Honduran plantation
- 2018-12-07 China and Argentine strengthen cooperation in agricultural development
- 2018-12-07 Egypt raises customs' duties
- 2018-12-07 Belgian and Dutch importers affected by 'Yellow Vest' protests
- 2018-12-06 UK government to ration ferry space under no-deal Brexit
- 2018-12-06 USDA announces 2019 trade missions to expand export opportunities
- 2018-12-06 China confident it can clinch US trade pact
- 2018-12-06 Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- 2018-12-06 20,000 Moroccan temporary laborers will harvest Spanish strawberries in 2019
- 2018-12-05 USDA announces $3.7m in financial assistance to fruit and vegetable growers in 16 States
- 2018-12-05 The economy suffers from the ‘yellow vests’ protests