- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Squeezable ginger added to line of squeezable garlic products
The product, from Orlando, Fl.-based Spice World Inc. builds on the company’s line of squeezable products including Squeeze Garlic, Squeeze Garlic in Olive Oil and Organic Squeeze Garlic.
“Squeeze Garlic is sort of the next generation of our “Ready-to-Use Jar Garlic” and it’s taken garlic from an ingredient to a condiment with many table-side applications,” says Spice World’s Louis Hymel. “Garlic is a kitchen staple and often the first ingredient in the pot. Whether it’s fresh bulbs, whole peeled, ready-to-use jars or Squeeze Garlic, top quality and convenience become the determining factors. Every kitchen should always have garlic ready for any dish.”
Cutting down on labor
The Squeeze Ginger line capitalizes on that same concept of having a more labor intensive product ready to use in a bottle. “Fresh ginger is very difficult to prep in the kitchen from removing the skin to cutting and dicing,” says Hymel.
To source garlic, Spice World has its own seed program and process garlic. “Even though we’re a California garlic grower and can cold store California garlic nearly 12 months of the year, we also import garlic from other areas of the world to meet needs,” says Hymel. Supplementary supplies are from Argentina, Chile and Peru while additional imports are called on from Spain, Mexico and China.
The 2017 picture
And as many garlic growers know, this season has been a unique one. “The 2017 harvest season is much different than the past few years and for the most part supplies are abundant for all garlic growing areas of the world,” says Hymel. “Volumes vary from global growing areas and regions which are determined by several factors--Mother Nature being the number one factor but also growing methods varies from producer to producer which determine yields.”
The Squeeze line was an extensive project for Spice World. “It was in the works for years,” says Hymel. “We built a completely separate processing room at one of our facilities with state of the art equipment. We hired a specialized food equipment engineering group worked together with our research and development and marketing departments designing the finished product and package. Much of the equipment was custom designed from the processing of the garlic to the packaging that would create the most consumer appealing Squeeze bottle for the best product disbursement.”
For more information:
Spice World, Inc.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Fresh take on sauerkraut
- 2018-12-13 New single serve salad line launched in Canada
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Murcia exporting 26% more juice
- 2018-12-05 Italy: pomegranate juices are increasingly successful
- 2018-12-04 Italy: the supply chain behind the most famous juice brands
- 2018-11-28 New range of artisan V products
- 2018-11-26 Fashion watermelons to be marketed all year round thanks to 100% natural juice
- 2018-11-23 China: Is concentrated apple juice export "frozen"?
- 2018-11-14 First highly specialized pear-processing plant built
- 2018-11-09 Aviko to close German factory
- 2018-11-08 Black garlic puree has no E-numbers
- 2018-11-06 Ready-made salad producer offers lighter Thanksgiving dinner option
- 2018-11-06 Celery juice - the new super hero among juices?
- 2018-10-25 Portugal: “Quality and Safety of Fresh-cut Produce” course brings experts together
- 2018-10-23 Green Giant™ Fresh debuts new line of vegetable meal bowls
- 2018-10-23 Home-made gazpacho, hummus and guacamole at thematic and interactive stand
- 2018-10-22 Spain: The "Cook it yourself" concept arrives in Anecoop
- 2018-10-18 Russia: Price of apples for processing continues to fall
- 2018-10-16 Big hit in Japan: Black garlic molasses
- 2018-10-12 Spain: Experts from eight countries analyze fruit preserves market