- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Blockchain for agriculture and food
A second aim of this project is to conceptualise and develop a proof of concept in an application based on a case concerning table grapes from South Africa where BCT could be applied. This has been done by building a demonstrator that keeps track of different certificates involved in the table grapes supply chain. The code of this demonstrator is published at Github.
Furthermore, the project explored issues regarding the relevance, applicability and implications of BCT for the agrifood sector through literature study and stakeholder consultation.
The project took an agile multi-actor approach i.e. with lean and active stakeholder participation. The main focus was on obtaining hands-on experience with the development of blockchain applications in agrifood and insights into the perspectives of key stakeholders.
Download the full study here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Nigerian tomato growers happy with assistance of Dangote
- 2018-12-18 Jordan determines which fruits and vegetables may be imported from Syria
- 2018-12-18 Chile: A group of Chinese journalists visits the fruit industry
- 2018-12-18 Uganda’s horticulture exports risk EU ban
- 2018-12-18 Due to Brexit SuperValu owner Musgrave turns to non-UK food suppliers
- 2018-12-17 New York Produce Show attracts good crowd
- 2018-12-17 Spain: Almeria already exports 80% of the fruit and veg it produces
- 2018-12-17 Ireland: Farmers protest below-cost selling of vegetables
- 2018-12-17 Bulgaria: Over 50% of goods in seven retail chains are from domestic producers
- 2018-12-17 “Plenty of Spanish produce on the market”
- 2018-12-17 Demand from Woolworths and Coles spurs Simplot's processing plant volumes
- 2018-12-14 AU: Queensland and Western Australian state governments to help expand horticulture opportunities
- 2018-12-14 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-14 "Strikes in France are harming customers all over Europe, not just those in their own country"
- 2018-12-14 Morrisons launches 1 kilogram fruit and veg box for £1
- 2018-12-14 Agri food trade between the Netherlands and Saudi Arabia in 2017
- 2018-12-13 Pakistan fourth largest producer of chickpeas in world: FAO report
- 2018-12-13 Patients now leave Rex Hospital with bags of groceries
- 2018-12-13 New Zealand food prices ease in November
- 2018-12-13 Only Spain and Greece still active in the cucumber market