- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kenyan exporter looks to Eastern Europe markets
"Our main exports are chillies, French beans, snow peas and herbs, but we also export ravaya and eggplants - white as well as purple - and okra. As per our fruit exports we have passion fruit, avocado and mangoes," explains Amol Kokatnur, Managing Director of the company.
Amol explains that at the moment they export 30 tonnes a week as well as supplying the domestic markets, both retailers and wholesalers. The total production is 60 tonnes a week.
"We grow 90% ourselves and outsource 10% from our out-growers and we can grow our products year-round. We have a lot more capacity which we could use, and we are expanding up to 500 acres - land is available and with good water and power supplies," according to Amol.
The company is targeting a growth of 200 tonnes a week for the coming years.
Amol said that they already have interest from the Russian, Ukrainian and French markets and are ready to export there and, indeed, they are ready to export anywhere in the world if someone wants their products.
For more information:
Tel: +254 731 315 000
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Dehydrated garlic, gentler smell but stronger taste
- 2018-12-14 Marcel van der Pluijm starts Feeling Fresh
- 2018-12-14 Paraguay: A new variety of cabbage offers advantages to producers
- 2018-12-14 Italy: Unusual November heatwave compromised mushroom production
- 2018-12-14 Squash fruits in South Africa: First report of soft rot
- 2018-12-14 Pink garlic from Billom on the Unesco Intangible Heritage List
- 2018-12-14 China: Demand for organic sweet potato exceeds supply
- 2018-12-13 "Stable export of freshly frozen peppers to Korea"
- 2018-12-13 China garlic market analysis: Reduced surface area gives hope for price rise in 2019
- 2018-12-13 Spain: Vega Baja artichoke campaign starts with some delay
- 2018-12-13 US Retail managers: Lettuce is back, but at higher prices
- 2018-12-13 Comparison between open field and greenhouse tomatoes
- 2018-12-13 UK carrot trade better than expected
- 2018-12-13 Philippines: Iloilo City wants to replicate Chinese mushroom technology
- 2018-12-13 China: "Yunnan Vegetables" sell in more than 40 countries
- 2018-12-13 China: Bok choy price recovers as weather turns colder
- 2018-12-13 New US mushroom meat alternative: 'Pulled port'
- 2018-12-13 Delicata market developing in North America
- 2018-12-12 "Shimeji has great potential, but substrate production is very sensitive"
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce