- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Eamonn Flynn - Keelings Solutions
Software developed by the end user, for the end user
"Back in 2012 one of our customers in the Dutch market was looking at ERP systems so Caroline Keeling, our CEO arranged for them to come over and we let them see how our ERP system worked," explains Eamonn Flynn, Managing director at Keelings Solutions. "They went back and looked around for six months for a good ERP system, then called us back and said that they couldn't find anything as good as what they has seen at Keelings and asked if they could use our system in their company. That was where it all started."
Keelings Solutions has been around for about 5 years, but has changed from being an in-house service to a separate stand-alone organisation within the Keelings Group. They are also present in Asia as well as Europe and have gone from a small team of five to a team of 25.
"If you look at all the ERP systems they are all similar," states Eamonn. "Our system is specific to the fresh produce business and when people are explaining what they need, we understand. Functionality is specific, if you look at Microsoft they developed excel and the majority of people using excel only use about 50% of the functions the rest is wasted. In our software all functions are used by our Customers, it was developed by the end user, for the end user which is the big benefit of what we do. Our ERP software system can be used within all parts of our customer's businesses - purchasing, sales, logistics, cost control up to management information. For companies involved in one or all of the wholesale, retail or food service sectors, our software operates well."
All of the development is done in Ireland, nothing is out-sourced and Keelings Solutions along with its Dutch partner offers all the training and the support that customers need.
"Companies in the fresh produce industry work on very tight margins and they are concerned about how they can get a return from the software," said Eamonn. "We can come in and after a couple of days of an IBR (initial business review), find areas where they can make savings and see a return on their investment. That is key because we are not just a software company we are also in the fresh produce business with experienced people who can help companies become more transparent and efficient, that is the huge benefit that we bring to the game."
For more information:
Tel: +353 1813 5944
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Coopcisa, Coopego and Novacitrus join forces to form Green Fruits Coop. V.
- 2018-12-14 California grower adds Sandra Sanchez to Team
- 2018-12-14 Dole Food Company sells Fresh Cut businesses in Sweden and Finland
- 2018-12-14 Shoprite opens first of its own distribution centres in Nigeria
- 2018-12-14 Olivier van Assche returns to fresh fruit and vegetable sector via software
- 2018-12-13 Greater planting distance leads to early cucumbers
- 2018-12-13 Carrefour opens its first laboratory store in Paris
- 2018-12-13 Camposol wins three acknowledgements granted by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion
- 2018-12-13 Capespan strengthens food safety promise
- 2018-12-13 SanLucar celebrates its debute in the luxury department store KaDeWe
- 2018-12-12 SumoSalad merges with THR1VE
- 2018-12-12 New building complex in Enger for labelling and inspection systems
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Jordi Cruz named ambassador of Jimbee brand
- 2018-12-12 Vitacress announces new senior appointments
- 2018-12-12 What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- 2018-12-11 Losses from hurricane Irma affect Alico’s annual figures
- 2018-12-11 HKW buys fruit and vegetable distributor Fresh Direct Produce
- 2018-12-11 Leadership change for Fresca Group
- 2018-12-11 REO Veiling meets and informs its future generation of producers
- 2018-12-11 Van Ossenbruggen invests in new packing station and access road to N320