- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Seeka upgrades operational guidance to within 5% of 2016 profit
In June, Seeka had advised the market that, as a result of dramatically lower Hayward crop volumes in New Zealand, its operational earnings would be up to 15% down on the previous year’s operational earnings of $7.8m, with an expectation that the company would operate at the lower end of the range c.a $6.6m. The impact of the lower New Zealand Hayward crop volumes had been buffered by stronger earnings in its Australian business and New Zealand avocado business.
According to Seeka its mechanisms to manage expenditure, along with improved operational performance across its avocados and kiwifruit businesses, and emerging business [The Delicious Nutritious Food Company], has led it to revise the operational forecast upwards. "Seeka’s current expectation is that the after tax profit from operational earnings to be close to that achieved in 2016, and within a plus or minus 5% range. Accordingly guidance is for after tax net profit from operations for the full year within 5% of $7.8m," stated the company.
Seeka has however reviewed its banana ripening and supply business following a change in supply lines to a major customer where that customer is moving to their own direct supply of bananas. As a result of the review Seeka expects to impair the carrying value of the goodwill aspect of this business with that impact expected between $1.75m and $2.5m subject to audit. The Company notes that there are other revaluation processes underway which may positively impact profit through the financial year end process.
Seeka will continue to update the market should there be any material changes to outlook.
For more information:
Tel: +64 21 356 516
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-17 McCanns’ Balmoral group counts on surprise asset increase
- 2018-12-17 Scales pays $23.2 million for 60% of US pet-food manufacturer
- 2018-12-17 Colruyt reports higher revenue and net profits for first half of 2018/2019 book year
- 2018-12-17 Bio c’Bon opens its capital to the Japanese group Aeon
- 2018-12-17 Limoneira announces new leadership appointments
- 2018-12-17 Flagship store Foodmaker opens at Meir, Antwerp
- 2018-12-17 Chelan Fruit Cooperative board names Mark Stennes as interim CEO
- 2018-12-14 Spain: Coopcisa, Coopego and Novacitrus join forces to form Green Fruits Coop. V.
- 2018-12-14 California grower adds Sandra Sanchez to Team
- 2018-12-14 Dole Food Company sells Fresh Cut businesses in Sweden and Finland
- 2018-12-14 Shoprite opens first of its own distribution centres in Nigeria
- 2018-12-14 Olivier van Assche returns to fresh fruit and vegetable sector via software
- 2018-12-13 Greater planting distance leads to early cucumbers
- 2018-12-13 Carrefour opens its first laboratory store in Paris
- 2018-12-13 Camposol wins three acknowledgements granted by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion
- 2018-12-13 Capespan strengthens food safety promise
- 2018-12-13 SanLucar celebrates its debute in the luxury department store KaDeWe
- 2018-12-12 SumoSalad merges with THR1VE
- 2018-12-12 New building complex in Enger for labelling and inspection systems
- 2018-12-12 Spain: Jordi Cruz named ambassador of Jimbee brand