Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Dusseldorf delicatessen differentiates through daily freshness

“A comparison with a discounter is no comparison at all”

"We only sell what we eat ourselves." For 39 years this has been the motto of the Turan delicatessen company in Dusseldorf. To maintain quality, the third generation managing director of this family business, Erhan Turan, arrives each night in person at the local wholesale market to shop for their produce, focusing on fruit and vegetables. In order to be able to ensure daily freshness he acts according to the principle: "First come, first served."

A look at the diverse assortment of Turan delicatessen

Daily freshness
Daily freshness and high quality, however, also have corresponding prices. The delicatessen business in the heart of Derendorf quarter is expensive, they say. Turan: “Those who know, understand that we have by far the best goods. Of course, we are a bit more expensive than larger supermarkets. A comparison with a discounter is no comparison at all, as we buy daily. Therefore our daily prices are also different. That's just part of having to sell fresh produce every day.” 

"That's why we also have specific suppliers: where we shop, we are viewed as good customers anyway." In addition to the domestic goods, Turan also has a global assortment available with products from, for example, Chile, Israel, South Africa and Morocco. “The people who shop with us are supposed to leave happy.”

The magnificent shelves of the delicatessen

To ensure the quality of his products, Turan buys his goods either from specific wholesalers or directly from regional producers. As a result, he knows exactly where his products come from, something his customers value. "90 percent of my clientele are consumers, especially hobby cooks. The remaining 10 percent are restaurants and cafés in the region." Turan does not need to address this target group with advertising campaigns: the quality of his goods is mainly passed on through word of mouth.

Turan delicatessen offers goods from all over the world

Raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, all beautifully presented

Next year the family business will have existed for 40 years. The biggest change came 13 years ago when Turan Senior decided to swap the former location at the Kölnerstraße for the Stockkampstraße. "My dad used to say: we own a shop and we will do it right. I would like to say a big thank you to our team that accompanied us on this journey, without which we would not have come this far. And of course to all our customers who appreciate the quality we bring.”

The front of the Dusseldorf gourmet shop

For more information:
Feinkost Turan 
Stockkampstraße 56
40477 Düsseldorf
Telephone: +49 211 51 444 31 

Publication date :


Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

© 2018