- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- New packaging from New Zealand cherry grower
- What are the biggest pitfalls on the Chinese import market?
- Ecuador: “We expect that the market will improve toward the end of our mango season”
- Plantains becoming more available in mainstream US supermarkets
- Suspected illegal garlic imports under investigation in South Africa
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Chilean ASOEX launches China road show with workshop in Shanghai
The launch is the start of a road show that will attend five major wholesale markets in cities across China, including Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenyang and Chengdu. The aim is to kick off the new Chilean cherry season and give reports on Chilean fruit industry development and forecasts to Chinese fruit importers and wholesalers.
ASOEX also wants to report on the new cherry campaign and hopes to boost demand from Chinese consumers, especially in 2nd and 3rd tier city markets.
Chile is an important supplier of counter seasonal fruit to the northern hemisphere and will continue to be one. ASOEX believes that there are important opportunities in increasing Chile's presence in China. The Chilean industry has been developed based on numerous private initiatives and it is characterized by no barriers to entry or exit. China represents an important market for Chilean fruit exports and they would like to strengthen Chile's position, especially for table grapes, cherries, avocados, nectarines, plums, kiwifruit, apples and blueberries.
Some major challenges are gaining access to pending fruits into China such as pears and citrus and raising the consumption of cherries, blueberries, avocados and nectarines amongst the Chinese consumer.
Evolution of Direct Exports of Fruits from Chile by variety per ton
Main Direct Export to markets in Asia per ton
Fresh Fruit Exports to Mainland China per ton
Source: Asociación de Exportadores de Frutas de Chile AG (ASOEX)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 "We are very much focused on the online trade in convenience products"
- 2018-12-12 Rwanda: NAEB starts fruit project to shore up exports
- 2018-12-12 Italy: Cocktail Plum, a very successful tomato
- 2018-12-12 Congo: Kiwi for 14 euros/kg
- 2018-12-11 Poland: Official study on changes taking place in apple growing sector
- 2018-12-11 High demand for European apples in China
- 2018-12-11 South African fruit industry expansion shows faith in the future
- 2018-12-07 Italy: Successful partnership between Apofruit Italia and Società Frutticoltori Trento
- 2018-12-06 "Limited impact of hail on Chilean berry season"
- 2018-12-04 “We invested in new varieties and IQ optical sourcing lines”
- 2018-12-03 Chile: “We expect good volumes for Chilean cherry export”
- 2018-12-03 South Africa: Electricity cuts a great irritation to fruit industry
- 2018-11-29 What kinds of fruit do Taiwanese customers like to eat?
- 2018-11-29 Argentina: Blueberry export volumes are behind compared to last year
- 2018-11-28 Mexico: “We hope to start our strawberry export to Europe this season”
- 2018-11-27 Tunisian fruit exports to Libya soaring
- 2018-11-27 Ukrainian apples shipped to five Middle Eastern markets for the first time
- 2018-11-27 Sharp drop of Moldovan apple, plum and table grape exports to Russia
- 2018-11-23 Del Monte presents on-the-go fruit snacking ranges
- 2018-11-22 “There is an increase in demand for Mexican berries”