- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pacfic Fruits, Colombia
First Colombian avocados set sail for Dubai
The shipment contains fruits cultivated in Urrao-Antioquia, Argelia-Valle del Cauca, Caicedonia-Valle del Cauca, Salento-Quindio and Aranzazu-Caldas. "Everyone has done a good job, but the hard work is done in cooperation with growers in order to harvest the best fruit. The success of this shipment is because of them and we would like to thank the farms and people involved, because all of them have been very dedicated to produce the best."
The Middle East is a market with growing demand and a growing level of consumption explains Rodolfo. “In general the level of consumption of avocados in these countries is high. They request mostly medium and big sized avocados. Moreover, exporting to the Middle East results in better prices for both the producer and exporter. We received some requests from Oman as well, however this market is n´t open for Colombian avocado export yet.”
“There are other origins available in Dubai as well, such as Sri Lanka, Kenya and Lebanon. However, the real competition is from Mexico. As, for example, three out of five available avocados are from Mexico. They have a very good market participation. Nonetheless, as the demand and consumption are growing there is still enough space in the market for Colombian supply”, says Rodolfo.
Rodolfo and his team will visit the exhibition WOP Dubai. “This is an import event in the fresh produce industry. In this way I’ll be present when the shipment arrives at the port. I expect everything will go well and fruitwill arrive in good quality. As all went well shipping to Hongkong, the fruits arrived in good condition. To Hong Kong the transit time is 33 days, so one week longer than to Dubai. After this first shipment, we will set up a program to have a steady supply into the market.”
For more information:
Palmira - Colombia
T: +57 3147092810
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-11-05 Australian farmers destroy avocados amid record harvests and plummeting prices
- 2021-11-04 California’s avocado harvest close to projection
- 2021-11-03 'Mexican avocado crossings through Texas expected to remain about the same'
- 2021-11-02 Ups and downs in expanding opportunities for Brazilian avocados
- 2021-10-28 "Record Israeli Greenskin and Hass avocado production thanks to on year and good weather"
- 2021-10-27 Peru's avocado production soared in August
- 2021-10-26 Ubora Orchards announces launch of organically grown Kenyan avocados
- 2021-10-25 Kakuzi trailblazing on avocado exports from Kenya
- 2021-10-22 Australian avocado consumption predicted to rise to meet an increase in domestic production
- 2021-10-21 SA farmer revived avocado trees by introducing mycorrhizae fungi to the soil
- 2021-10-20 The Chilean Avocado Committee forecasts production will increase by 57% this season
- 2021-10-19 Mexico avocado production for 2021/22 forecasted 8 percent lower than previous marketing year
- 2021-10-18 "We are the first in the world to get avocado plants grafted on clonal rootstocks from in vitro culture"
- 2021-10-15 “Due to the market conditions in Australia, we will send a great volume to our customers in Asia and the Pacific Islands"
- 2021-10-15 Good prospects for avocado exports Zimbabwe
- 2021-10-14 ‘Perfect storm’ drives Australian avocado prices down to $1
- 2021-10-11 FreshPlaza October Special on Avocados
- 2020-09-30 Delroy Orchards research delivers 'damage-free' avocados
- 2020-09-29 Holiday avocado sales spring up to new heights
- 2020-09-28 Coophuelva diversifies its production with the introduction of Hass avocados