- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Moldovan producers seeking new markets for their fruit
Grigore Daraban says that only a very limited share of the fruit and grapes produced in the Republic of Moldova can be marketed on the local market, so new markets offering competitive prices need to be found for the remaining volumes.
The specialist believes that participation in international exhibitions makes it possible to establish relationships with traders and supermarket chains, but also to learn about the trends and requirements of a particular market.
People in Need organised a visit to the Indagra Food & Carnexpo International Food Industry Fair held in Bucharest, Romania, between 25 and 29 October. During the exhibition, which is considered to be one of the most important ones dedicated to the food industry, visitors had the chance to become acquainted with modern production technologies and equipment and had the opportunity to see the marketing methods used by Romanian producers and find out what the most demanded varieties are and what packaging formats are preferred by consumers on this market.
Most importantly, the representatives of the cooperatives managed to establish links with Carrefour Romania, hoping for relations to develop.
For his part, Anatolie Plăcintă, head of "Agroaspect Grup", a cooperative from Ungheni, took part from 25 to 27 October with support from People in Need at Foodfair in Tallinn, Estonia.
The producer states that in two or three years he will be able to deliver apples to this market.
"Starting next year, I will sell grapes and plums on the Estonian market. I managed to set up contracts with two Estonian traders, who said that Moldovan plums and grapes are of superior quality and have special taste qualities," says Anatol Placintă. The producer also stated that it is possible for Estonian wholesalers to establish contacts with the Finnish market.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Fyffes denies allegations of abuse at Honduran plantation
- 2018-12-07 China and Argentine strengthen cooperation in agricultural development
- 2018-12-07 Egypt raises customs' duties
- 2018-12-07 Belgian and Dutch importers affected by 'Yellow Vest' protests
- 2018-12-06 China confident it can clinch US trade pact
- 2018-12-06 Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- 2018-12-06 20,000 Moroccan temporary laborers will harvest Spanish strawberries in 2019
- 2018-12-06 UK government to ration ferry space under no-deal Brexit
- 2018-12-06 USDA announces 2019 trade missions to expand export opportunities
- 2018-12-05 USDA announces $3.7m in financial assistance to fruit and vegetable growers in 16 States
- 2018-12-05 The economy suffers from the ‘yellow vests’ protests
- 2018-12-05 Korea could purchase more agricultural products from Argentina
- 2018-12-05 Ghana Plant Department warns vegetable & fruit exporters: 'No association, no exports'
- 2018-12-05 Panasonic designs blinders for office workers
- 2018-12-04 Spain: In order to reach certain markets, you have to keep an eye on the competition
- 2018-12-04 South Africa: Agri-parks, a saving grace for black land reform farmers
- 2018-12-04 MEC Beverley Schafer welcomes water allocations for agricultural, domestic and industry use
- 2018-12-04 Kenyan supermarket owners now face jail for failure to pay suppliers
- 2018-12-04 Bulgarian producers receiving state help to certify their crops
- 2018-12-04 Market explorations during ICOP 2018