- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- More sustainable packaging for Rockit mini-apple
- Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- UK: Short supply creates "incredible" demand for sweet potatoes
- "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- Improved weather conditions for Mexico blackberry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kazakhstan wants Jordan to supply fruit and veg in winter
"We view Jordan as a key member of the international community; one playing an important role in the Middle East and the Arab world. In February next year, it will have been 25 years since diplomatic relations were established between Kazakhstan and Jordan, and we meet on the eve of this date. For a quarter of a century, we have developed our relationships in various areas and established a trustful dialogue. This is all due to the warm attitude of King Abdullah to Kazakhstan. As a result of the far-sighted policy of the King of Jordan, the country continues to maintain the status of an oasis of security and stability in the Middle East, and in the future, I think we are ready for the mutually beneficial relations between our states to continue. Most importantly, Kazakhstan considers Jordan and its people a fraternal, close state," said Nursultan Nazarbayev, speaking to the press after the talks in Akorda.
According to him, both countries are currently making efforts to activate trade and investment relations. "The main problem for the development of exports and imports is the high cost of transportation, and therefore it is necessary to improve the transport and logistics channels. Because of this, the volume of trading is not high. During the talks, we talked about this. Now there is a new road Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan-Iran which is helping us improve our relations," said the President.
The head of state outlined a number of priorities in trade and economic cooperation between the two countries. "The biggest one is agriculture. In this area, we have a great potential for development. For example, Kazakhstan can export agricultural products to Jordan, and Jordan can export vegetables and fruits to us in winter and spring through railroads, and so on," stated Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Today we have signed a number of documents," stressed the President of Kazakhstan. It should be noted that during the official visit of the King of Jordan, a cooperation agreement was signed in order to combat terrorism, organised crime and the illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, among other issues.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 Fyffes denies allegations of abuse at Honduran plantation
- 2018-12-07 China and Argentine strengthen cooperation in agricultural development
- 2018-12-07 Egypt raises customs' duties
- 2018-12-07 Belgian and Dutch importers affected by 'Yellow Vest' protests
- 2018-12-06 China confident it can clinch US trade pact
- 2018-12-06 Chile: US retail begins to demand blockchain technology
- 2018-12-06 20,000 Moroccan temporary laborers will harvest Spanish strawberries in 2019
- 2018-12-06 UK government to ration ferry space under no-deal Brexit
- 2018-12-06 USDA announces 2019 trade missions to expand export opportunities
- 2018-12-05 USDA announces $3.7m in financial assistance to fruit and vegetable growers in 16 States
- 2018-12-05 The economy suffers from the ‘yellow vests’ protests
- 2018-12-05 Korea could purchase more agricultural products from Argentina
- 2018-12-05 Ghana Plant Department warns vegetable & fruit exporters: 'No association, no exports'
- 2018-12-05 Panasonic designs blinders for office workers
- 2018-12-04 Spain: In order to reach certain markets, you have to keep an eye on the competition
- 2018-12-04 South Africa: Agri-parks, a saving grace for black land reform farmers
- 2018-12-04 MEC Beverley Schafer welcomes water allocations for agricultural, domestic and industry use
- 2018-12-04 Kenyan supermarket owners now face jail for failure to pay suppliers
- 2018-12-04 Bulgarian producers receiving state help to certify their crops
- 2018-12-04 Market explorations during ICOP 2018