- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Dinesh Kankariya, Deesha International
Smooth season for Indian ginger
“We’ve already started with our ginger production, though it still takes about 15 more days until ginger of the best possible quality is going to be harvested,” explains Dinesh Kankariya of Deesha International. “Expectations for this year are good. We had a good rainy season and also had a good planting season. So crops are going to be good.”
The production of ginger in India is massive, with 2,000 to 3,000 trucks loading ginger every day. The domestic market for ginger in India is big as well. “We’re a big country, so we can focus more on domestic demand than on export. However, we do export to the Middle East and Asian countries.”
Indian ginger has to compete with ginger from China. China’s ginger season is scheduled at a different time than for India. Also, Expats in the Middle East, like Pakistani labourers, tend to prefer the ginger from India.
All in all, Dinesh is positive about the coming ginger harvest. “This year is going to be a smooth season,” says Dinesh in conclusion.
For more information:
Deesha International (India)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 "Snake fruit and Thai mangoes are currently selling very well"
- 2018-12-18 Irish chef will stop serving avocados
- 2018-12-18 Winds cause half of the avocados in Granada's Costa Tropical to fall
- 2018-12-17 Spain: Company growing avocados in area with adverse conditions
- 2018-12-17 Italy: Specialising in pomegranates with the Lome Super Fruit brand
- 2018-12-14 US importer announces fifth year of expanded Spanish fruit imports
- 2018-12-14 Passionfruit - a challenging prospect for Florida growers
- 2018-12-14 Moving towards an all year round offer of avocados
- 2018-12-14 New role may alleviate kiwifruit labour shortage
- 2018-12-14 Investigation into ‘illegal’ garlic imports into South Africa
- 2018-12-14 "We extract our pomegranate arils manually 365 days a year"
- 2018-12-14 "Kaki prices are good, but don't reflect the 50% drop in the production"
- 2018-12-13 High demand for cut goods and exotics during the Advent season
- 2018-12-13 Bangladesh ambassador: 'We should export more products to China'
- 2018-12-13 China: Taizhou winter bamboo enters market early
- 2018-12-13 Turkey: New initiative to export avocados
- 2018-12-13 Australian ginger industry gains a fresh perspective
- 2018-12-13 Lychees: high quality, low quantity
- 2018-12-12 China: “White yams in short supply for many years”
- 2018-12-12 Pressure on the price of high caliber avocados