- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Politicians need to go and have a good look in the mirror at what they are doing"
- Micro-climate in Northern California makes for unique mandarin-growing area
- "There will be considerable pressure on the European grape market in the new year"
- Reducing anxiety: 7 foods that will do the job
- US producers warn of national collard greens shortage
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Internal market fruit update
Brazil: Lower prices for Nanica bananas
HF is more positive about the apple situation in Brazil. It was reported that the prices are historic for the Gala apple category 1. In October apples were sold for an average of R$ 54.23/cx of 18kg in the region of Fraiburgo. However, the market needs to keep an eye on the end of year imports, which could hinder the increase of national apple prices. As some companies started importing from Portugal, France and Chile.
Last week was very good for the papaya market as well. According to HF Brasil papaya prices rose significantly in all producing areas, especially in the state of Espírito Santo. There is a drastic reduction in volume available in the west of Bahía. Other producing areas are expected to reduce volumes early November. It is written that despite the lower supply in the West of Bahía boosting the sales in other regions of Brazil, the Formosa still experienced some quality problems.
The Palmer mango from the region of Jaíba /Janaúba (MG) had its first price drop after a stable October month. The region is close to finalising the harvest and reducing its volumes. HF Brasil affirms it´s not the reduction in volumes, but the weak domestic market situation that affects the prices.
The recurring water crisis in the melon producing regions has affected the sizes of the melons. HF Brasil mentions that last week the volume of small sized melons were in the market. At the same time, lower prices were given for these smaller sizes. According to wholesalers, these small sized melons are less preferred by consumers. In addition, as sales may remain limited due to this week's national holiday of All Souls, prices may follow the same levels this week.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 Open letter from African banana producers to supermarkets
- 2018-12-11 Golden opportunity for banana growers
- 2018-12-10 Panama: Producers of Baru file a complaint against President Varela
- 2018-12-10 Spain: Asprocan denounces EU's lack of action against banana oversupply
- 2018-12-10 France: “The banana market is suffocating”
- 2018-12-10 Italy: Selling bananas at different degrees of ripeness
- 2018-12-07 Samoa back on track with banana export to New Zealand
- 2018-12-07 China: Will the banana price recover?
- 2018-12-07 South China banana plantations expecting low temperatures
- 2018-12-07 Philippine banana brand organizes anniversary promotions
- 2018-12-07 Port of Trieste may become gateway for Europe’s banana imports from India
- 2018-12-07 Peru: Banana exports up to October amount to more than $139 million dollars
- 2018-12-07 Ghana exporting plantain to Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin
- 2018-12-06 "The Paris basin is experiencing significant problems in terms of supply and quality"
- 2018-12-05 Supermarkets welcome the "new Caribbean banana"
- 2018-12-04 Exhibition "Exotic Taste of Europe": Looking at the European banana
- 2018-12-04 Bolivia opens new banana packing center
- 2018-12-04 Uttar Pradesh: Award-winning ‘Banana King’ earns Rs 4.8 mln per year
- 2018-12-04 Peru: 8,000 organic banana producers will apply ozone technology
- 2018-12-04 "Spain is the main target of banana exporters from third countries competing unfairly in Europe"