- Greenhouse Lighting Specialist - Athens or Atlanta (GA), USA
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Early booking discount
Germany: Onion forum 18th - 19th January 2018 in Peine
When, on January 18th and 19th 2018, for two days everything will be revolving around the noble onion, hardly any aspects of the cultivation and marketing of the onion will be left out. Market developments both in Germany and abroad will be discussed and the food retail trade will share its outlook on onion marketing in general.
How to succeed in removing the carrot from the number one spot of most commonly produced German vegetables will be examined in discussions about land use and conservation, as well as irrigation. The second day of the event will start with a visit to the farm of Albert Elligsen, which is also located in Peine. In addition to the most modern sorting technology, the state-of-the-art storage units there will be on display. And why not take a further look at the elements of onion drying, post-harvest treatment and removal time both in theory and practice?
The full program and registration forms can be downloaded from www.moehrenundzwiebelforum.de. Members of the Trade Association of German Consumption Onions get a 50 Euro discount on the entrance fee. If tickets are booked before November 11th 2017 another 50 Euro discount will be credited, so that the all-inclusive two-day event will be open to you for 399 Euros (plus 19% VAT).
In addition to accommodations, lectures and food and drinks, also included is participation in the evening branch meeting. Furthermore you can test your (mini) goal scoring prowess against a former European and world champion, who will also be giving a motivational lecture addressing the fact that it is not only important to take losses seriously, but that successes must also be celebrated.
On the 18th and 19th of January 2018, the "Onionforum" will be unleashed again, this time in the town of Peine, Lower Saxony.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-25 "Due to low potato prices we are now competing with countries like Pakistan"
- 2017-10-24 Germany: Onion forum 18th - 19th January 2018 in Peine
- 2017-09-29 Spain: Great price gap between large and small onions
- 2017-09-28 Researchers extract cancer-fighting properties from Ontario grown onions
- 2017-09-27 Dutch onion exports hit record levels reaching nearly 1.1M tonnes
- 2017-09-26 Patatas Aguilar celebrates 50th anniversary and will invest 4 M€ in new machinery
- 2017-09-25 Kiremko releases new sliver remover for potato products
- 2017-09-25 World onion sector to meet in Spain
- 2017-09-22 Israel: Researchers develop more nutritious and colourful potatoes
- 2017-09-21 Global trade potatoes increasing
- 2017-09-20 Acreage reduction brings better prices for Oregon potato growers
- 2017-09-19 “As long as harvests are unpredictable, the need remains”
- 2017-09-18 New sorter for taking samples and a 2-in-1 Pack
- 2017-09-15 GhanaVeg begins trials of eight onion varieties
- 2017-09-15 Maris Piper still king among UK potato growers
- 2017-09-14 Fall in S Korean onion production brings opportunities for Chinese exporters
- 2017-09-13 "New way of packaging potatoes and onions"
- 2017-09-12 Tong demonstrates EasyFill Box Filler at Potato Europe
- 2017-09-12 Indian researchers developing uniform-sized onions
- 2017-09-11 India imports 2,400 tonnes of onions from Egypt to lower prices