- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Bulgaria exported processed fruit & veg worth 124 million Euro in 2016
According to Eurostat, the fruit and vegetable processing industry accounts for about 7% of the value generated by the food industry. Over the past 1-2 years, there have been some signs of growth, with notable changes in foreign trade.
The fruit and vegetable processing sector managed to export a production worth € 124 million in 2016. The value of imports of such products in the same year amounted to € 120 million, so there was a small positive trade balance. With the EU membership, exports have almost doubled, while imports have grown by about 55%.
Projections show that in the period from 2018 to 2022, tomato processing will be about 7% greater than between 2013 and 2017. Meanwhile, pepper processing is expected to grow by about 26% over the same period. For pickles, an increase of about 5-10% is expected for the 2018-2022 period compared to 2013-2017.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Fresh take on sauerkraut
- 2018-12-13 New single serve salad line launched in Canada
- 2018-12-11 Spain: Murcia exporting 26% more juice
- 2018-12-05 Italy: pomegranate juices are increasingly successful
- 2018-12-04 Italy: the supply chain behind the most famous juice brands
- 2018-11-28 New range of artisan V products
- 2018-11-26 Fashion watermelons to be marketed all year round thanks to 100% natural juice
- 2018-11-23 China: Is concentrated apple juice export "frozen"?
- 2018-11-14 First highly specialized pear-processing plant built
- 2018-11-09 Aviko to close German factory
- 2018-11-08 Black garlic puree has no E-numbers
- 2018-11-06 Ready-made salad producer offers lighter Thanksgiving dinner option
- 2018-11-06 Celery juice - the new super hero among juices?
- 2018-10-25 Portugal: “Quality and Safety of Fresh-cut Produce” course brings experts together
- 2018-10-23 Green Giant™ Fresh debuts new line of vegetable meal bowls
- 2018-10-23 Home-made gazpacho, hummus and guacamole at thematic and interactive stand
- 2018-10-22 Spain: The "Cook it yourself" concept arrives in Anecoop
- 2018-10-18 Russia: Price of apples for processing continues to fall
- 2018-10-16 Big hit in Japan: Black garlic molasses
- 2018-10-12 Spain: Experts from eight countries analyze fruit preserves market