Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 -yesterday

Top 5 -last week

Top 5 -last month

Fall in export prices for Chinese chestnuts

"This year's Chinese chestnut production is 10%-20% higher than last year's, and the quality is better as well. The chestnut export to the Middle East has dropped slightly, while export to America, Canada and Europe is the same as last year. The current export price has dropped 20% from last year," according to Wang Pingyuan, manager at Rizhao Wan Hong Foods Co Ltd.

Chestnuts in the washing machine

Employees packing chestnuts

"We have doubled our chestnut production from last year. This year, we exported around 10,000 tons. In the past few years, the price of Chinese chestnuts on the foreign market was rather low. Because the quality was good, they still became very popular amongst foreign consumers. Compared to last year, this year's export is barely satisfactory. This is mainly caused by a depressed market. However, we are not very worried."

Employees are sorting chestnuts

High quality chestnuts

"20%-30% of our high quality chestnuts are sold to distributors in Guangzhou and Henan. The remaining 70%-80% are exported through the port of Qingdao to America, the Middle East, and several European countries, such as the Netherlands and Spain. Because of our good reputation and high quality products, we have already built a stable customer base abroad. In the future, while we are steadily developing our current markets, we are also hoping to join hands with new purchasers, and open new sales channels."

Wang Pingyuan, Manager
Rizhao Wan Hong Foods Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 1379 3449 888 
Whatsapp: +86 1379 3449 888 

Publication date :


Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

© 2018