- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Myanmar avocados trial in the UK
- Blueberry grower alleges United Exports claimed royalties on unregistered varieties
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KAKI MARKET
- Destruction of vegetables in Almería due to the fall in prices this past week
- “The full weight of the ‘shared responsibility’ falls on the banana producers”
Top 5 -last month
Not just a pretty face
Young Dominican Republic entrepreneurs convert sugar cane land to pineapples
CaraLinda is the name of their family farm and Kisha and her brother started converting pasture land into pineapple two years ago by importing MD-2 pineapple slips from Costa Rica. They now have 125 hectares of pineapple and are exporting to the rest of the Caribbean, the US, Europe, and soon to Israel. They’ve also trademarked their pineapples with the Caralinda brand.
They are bullish on being able to market their pineapples as a premium product because they are sweeter as a result of the favorable sunlight regime and fertile soils of their area of the Dominican Republic. They are also able to guarantee this sweetness arrives at their final destination because of the large number of direct flights to Europe during the winter tourism season. They also have the advantage of shorter maritime routes to Europe compared to Central and South America.
Kisha Rodriquez and her brother are members of a recently formed Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association composed of similar young professionals who are convinced that by working together they can develop a pineapple export industry with a year around supply of consistent quality and quantity.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture funded Exporting Quality Program is helping exporters such as Kisha certify their production as GlobalG.A.P. as well as upgrade their branding to market their pineapples in premium markets. The Program is also helping the Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association strengthen their service delivery capacity to their members.
For more information:
Caralinda Agroindustrial S.R.L.
Tel: +1 829 986 8488
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-27 “Turkey’s kiwi production is up 300% compared to10 years ago”
- 2020-11-27 "The volumes of French kiwifruit are limited"
- 2020-11-27 "We saw a very interesting market niche for Spanish exotic fruits such as citrus caviar, kumquat and pitaya"
- 2020-11-27 Georgia exported more than 7,800 tons of persimmons since start of season
- 2020-11-27 Chinese Feile kiwifruit enters Beijing market for the first time this season
- 2020-11-26 Chinese exports slow down as shipping costs rise along with exchange rate
- 2020-11-26 Sales of ready-to-eat Chinese kiwis overtaking foreign brands
- 2020-11-26 "Corona seems to have little hold on the pomegranate market"
- 2020-11-25 North Queensland exotic fruit grower picks up national honour for its high-quality tasting produce
- 2020-11-25 "Supply of Chinese ginger began one month early and the price of old ginger doubled"
- 2020-11-24 "We're the largest importer of Peruvian blue figs"
- 2020-11-24 New plastic-free packaging for all types of kiwifruits
- 2020-11-24 Zespri launches first kiwifruit trial project in China
- 2020-11-24 “We anticipate pomegranate shipments will continue until second week of February”
- 2020-11-24 Strong demand for domestic and import persimmons
- 2020-11-23 Plastic-free packaging for kiwifruit
- 2020-11-23 Kiwifruit cultivation tested in Spanish territory of Terres de l'Ebre
- 2020-11-19 Phytosanitary requirements for the importation of passion fruit plants of Taiwanese origin and provenance
- 2020-11-19 Growing interest in exotic mushrooms
- 2020-11-19 Precision agriculture to estimate kiwifruit production