- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- IPM Manager
- Sales Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Agricultural Tech EU Sales Representative - London, UK
- Sales Administrator - Bleiswijk, The Netherlands
- Group Marketing Manager - Australia
- Manager Sales & Purchase - Breda, The Netherlands
- Research & Service Engineer Horticulture - Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Not just a pretty face
Young Dominican Republic entrepreneurs convert sugar cane land to pineapples
CaraLinda is the name of their family farm and Kisha and her brother started converting pasture land into pineapple two years ago by importing MD-2 pineapple slips from Costa Rica. They now have 125 hectares of pineapple and are exporting to the rest of the Caribbean, the US, Europe, and soon to Israel. They’ve also trademarked their pineapples with the Caralinda brand.
They are bullish on being able to market their pineapples as a premium product because they are sweeter as a result of the favorable sunlight regime and fertile soils of their area of the Dominican Republic. They are also able to guarantee this sweetness arrives at their final destination because of the large number of direct flights to Europe during the winter tourism season. They also have the advantage of shorter maritime routes to Europe compared to Central and South America.
Kisha Rodriquez and her brother are members of a recently formed Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association composed of similar young professionals who are convinced that by working together they can develop a pineapple export industry with a year around supply of consistent quality and quantity.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture funded Exporting Quality Program is helping exporters such as Kisha certify their production as GlobalG.A.P. as well as upgrade their branding to market their pineapples in premium markets. The Program is also helping the Monte Plata Pineapple Producers Association strengthen their service delivery capacity to their members.
For more information:
Caralinda Agroindustrial S.R.L.
Tel: +1 829 986 8488
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-01-17 Korea and Chile, the next destinations for Colombia's Hass avocado
- 2020-01-17 American demand for Mexican avocados continues to rise
- 2020-01-16 Turkey exports pomegranates to the UK and Ukraine
- 2020-01-16 Kiwi is a new fruit to come out of Alabama
- 2020-01-16 “After a period with very low prices, the avocado market is getting more balanced again”
- 2020-01-15 "Product quality of Chinese wax apples is better than last season"
- 2020-01-15 New Zealand: Kiwifruit prices almost double in one year
- 2020-01-15 High expectations for California avocado crop in 2020 season
- 2020-01-14 "Another good kiwifruit season is likely"
- 2020-01-14 The Spanish Hass avocado harvest is in full swing
- 2020-01-14 "Light at the end of the tunnel after tough weeks on the avo market"
- 2020-01-13 Danish creation: kiwifruit pizza
- 2020-01-13 Pagoda announces new standards for Musang King durian during grand ceremony in Beijing
- 2020-01-13 Zespri gains trademark protection in China
- 2020-01-13 Kiwis: Good prices for producers, but quantities are lacking
- 2020-01-13 Colombia's exotic fruit exports increased by 6%
- 2020-01-10 "Chinese market is warming up again for Hainan wax apples"
- 2020-01-10 Peru plans to increase Hass avocado exports in 2020
- 2020-01-10 China now open for Chilean kiwifruit
- 2020-01-09 "Green jujube prices in China 50% higher than last year"