- Grower, Vine Crops - Richmond (KY) USA
- Cultivation/Propagation Manager Young Plants - Australia
- Assistant Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Global Category Director for Cherries - Chile, North America, Australia or New Zealand
- Head of Sales - LA (California) USA
- Head of Agronomy: Research & Development - Berlin, Germany
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager - South Africa
- Grower - Philippines
- Assistant technical manager
- Food Safety and Quality Director - South Bend (IN) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
South Africans spend more on beer than fruit and vegetables combined
In fact, South African households spend more on beer than they do on fruit and vegetables. To be specific, beer accounts for about 2,1% of a household’s total spending – this is the same percentage that’s spent on personal care. Vegetables make up 1,5% of the entire household budget and fruit 0,3%.
According to the report, South Africans really love their beer – more than any other type of alcohol, including wine and spirits. The report reveals that both rural and urban areas saw a 0,3% increase in the price of beer in June 2017 from June 2016.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-03-05 ComexPerú: Peru should strengthen export of non-traditional produce to China
- 2021-03-05 February snow and storms in Israel: Over 6.25 million euros in damages
- 2021-03-05 Russia lifts ban on tomato imports from two Uzbekistan regions
- 2021-03-05 Enhancing California’s specialty crops
- 2021-03-05 Non-EU participation in Spanish fruit and vegetable imports consolidated
- 2021-03-05 France: Containers to grow fruit and vegetables in La Courneuve
- 2021-03-04 "Without guaranteed financial support some wholesale fresh produce businesses won’t be there to supply their customers when they want to re-open"
- 2021-03-04 How PMA helps increase diversity and inclusion in the produce industry
- 2021-03-04 TV5 and JD.com partner up to increase Thai fruit sales
- 2021-03-04 Kazakhstan is looking for $9.5 billion in agricultural investments by 2025
- 2021-03-04 Ugandan fruit and vegetable exports up to $45 million
- 2021-03-04 Australians could see grocery bills go up 29%
- 2021-03-04 Cambodian agri-exports up 55% in Jan-Feb
- 2021-03-04 'Uzbekistan expands fruit and vegetable exports to China'
- 2021-03-04 "The products of Murcia are fundamental for Spain, the orchard of Europe"
- 2021-03-03 Syria puts out list of products for export to Brazil
- 2021-03-03 New South African platform secures 270 tons of food for poor households
- 2021-03-03 "Two farms that produce fruits and vegetables with similar characteristics should receive the same income support"
- 2021-03-02 GLOBALG.A.P.: New certification, growth and audits during the pandemic
- 2021-03-02 Food prices are up worldwide