- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- MIP Manager - Denver (Colorado) USA
- LED Cultivation Product Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW BANANAS
- Why Morocco is ready to compete with fresh produce in the UK
- Sea freight rates from China to US west coast experienced sharp correction, with the highest price cut by nearly half
- “I think Roslesia will probably open people’s eyes to passionfruit”
- “Overall it’s a good year for Turkish pear growers”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Mozambique and Eswatini pick up on bananas as South Africa's bananas make way for citrus, avocados, macadamias
- “My new avocado plants arrived in India in July of this year”
- South Africa terminates Valencia & lemon inspections for EU export
- China-US spot freight rates plunge
- California strawberries start transition to Oxnard
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Poland has changed a lot since the beginning of the conference. One of the panel discussions held throughout the day touched on just that, asking the question, 'What drives the Polish consumer?'. Panelists discussed how to increase fresh and vegetable consumption in Poland, how logistics have changed over the past 10 years and what role packaging has in sales. The speakers emphasized the importance of internet retail and that private labels are the wave of the future.
The Russian embargo continues to change the landscape of Polish exports and has caused many traders to search for new markets and new innovations in order replace the gaps in sales that were left after Russia was no longer the main market for many. Since then, many have looked to alternative markets such as China, India and the Middle East. For this discussion, panelists spoke about the work that Polish promotion boards are doing abroad, if it is enough, but also what the different preferences are for those markets.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the company's who had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winners being Polish company DILBAR, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-15 2021 Expoalimentaria Perú digital fair ends with positive figures
- 2021-10-13 Italy gains ground in the European fruit and vegetable sector
- 2021-10-13 Mini Symposium on avocado quality
- 2021-10-12 "The first ever Online Customer Days proved to be a success"
- 2021-10-12 Shanghai International Fruit Exposition will take place on 15-17 November
- 2021-10-12 On the lookout for start-ups within fruit growing and agricultural technology
- 2021-10-11 Fruit Attraction 2021 photo report
- 2021-10-11 Quality summit features global insights on table grapes
- 2021-10-11 AgroFair event for 'The Future of Bananas and Fairtrade' takes place online
- 2021-10-08 BASF brings healthy and sustainable proposals to Madrid
- 2021-10-08 Major Peruvian agrifood trade show Expoalimentaria Peru is back online for 2021
- 2021-10-07 Haskap berry industry gets together for the first time
- 2021-10-06 BYD shows 100% zero-emissions forklifts
- 2021-10-06 Education session focuses on innovative ag inputs for organic growers
- 2021-10-06 PMA's online Fresh Ideas Showcase opens for registration
- 2021-10-06 Miss Tata makes its début at Fruit Attraction in Madrid
- 2021-10-06 Relaxed atmosphere at Fruit Attraction's first day
- 2021-10-05 Fruit Tech, the new space dedicated to innovation and digitization at Fruit Attraction
- 2021-10-05 Peruvian fruit and vegetable stakeholders attend Fruit Attraction 2021
- 2021-10-05 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online