- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Kenya has surpassed South Africa as Africa’s top avocado exporter
- New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- Argentina will harvest almost 2 million tons of lemons this season
- "We'll produce blueberries so early and with such good yields that imports from the southern hemisphere could decrease drastically"
- More on COVID, lockdowns and the impact in China
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Soreli unity produces quality results
A good crop of quality Soreli fruit will be picked in Italy and Greece in the next few weeks.
The Soreli licensed marketers in Europe are phasing in the use of the Gesvatec labelling system which will be a mark of assurance of legality (a legal origin warranty) and a guide for the retail trade to purchase quality fruit picked at the correct maturity.
All legal Soreli producers have the right of access to the Gesvatec labelling system through licensed marketing companies and their associated packers.
Retailers and the Trade are encouraged to seek out Soreli fruit with the Gesvatec labels so as to ensure continuity of quality on the shelf.
Fruit packed by licensed marketers will adhere to minimum quality standards.
The following marketers are licensed to pack and market Soreli in the EU: Sofruileg - France, Kolios - Greece, KiwiCoop - Portugal and in Italy - Gullino, Ceradini, Quaranta, Mazzoni, Brero, Convi, Agricolibio (Organic), Fruilikiwi, OP Monte.
The Soreli is the earliest maturing yellow fleshed variety; under large scale commercial production, that opens the Northern Hemisphere marketing season.
Italian Soreli growers have seen excellent on farm returns over the past seven years and look to using the licensed marketing platforms to sustain these prices in the future.
Soreli is under licensed production in Italy, Greece, France, Spain, Turkey, China, USA, Chile and South Africa.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 The 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva finished after an interesting program of conferences
- 2022-06-29 International seed houses open their doors in Murcia to showcase their new melon and watermelon proposals
- 2022-06-29 Group of Gisborne growers is providing satellite orchards for Hawke's Bay-based Rockit Global
- 2022-06-29 South Tyrol: Pesticide ban affects Italy’s famed apple region
- 2022-06-29 Peruvian "blue gold" gains access to Israel market
- 2022-06-29 The overall price of bayberries has risen this year
- 2022-06-29 Wimbledon organizers: Price of strawberries & cream proves event is not elitist
- 2022-06-29 Raspberry season has started in Ukraine
- 2022-06-29 Himachal apple growers claim over 30% of crop damaged due to weather
- 2022-06-29 "Jumilla's pear production has fallen by 40-50% because of the spring rains, but we expect good prices this year"
- 2022-06-29 "The new blackberry varieties that are coming allow us to look to the future with optimism"
- 2022-06-29 "Even entrepreneurs from Argentina are investing in land in Cantabria to cultivate blueberries"
- 2022-06-29 "We'll produce blueberries so early and with such good yields that imports from the southern hemisphere could decrease drastically"
- 2022-06-28 Florida Dpt of Agriculture and Consumer Services announces presence of Oriental fruit flies
- 2022-06-28 Scientists send out wasps to save Willamette Valley fruits
- 2022-06-28 First cherries in British Columbia being harvested
- 2022-06-28 JAZZ™ apple heroic “DC League of Super-Pets”-branded snacks to fans
- 2022-06-28 Peru's blueberry campaign begins with expectations to increase shipments to Malaysia and India
- 2022-06-28 Cieza farmers will export a new red meat apricot to Europe this year
- 2022-06-28 Chilean fresh fruit exports up until May increased