- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Cost-effective packshed solutions
Capetown-based Agrisort is a supplier of 3rd party fruit sorting and sizing control systems. They do not manufacture sorting machines, but instead focus solely on the supply and development of the electronics that make these machines work. Their systems are regularly retro-fitted to old machines (of any make), and are also supplied as original equipment for a number of machine manufacturers. If a sizer comes from South Africa, chances are it will have Agrisort electronics and software.
"Jimmy Zondagh an apple farmer in the Langkloof region of South Africa, processes 60 tons of apples a day at peak times peak times and any downtime on his cup sizer machine is a huge problem. In 2016, it was chaos when a nearby lightning strike took out his sizer in the middle of the season," explains Carel Hauptfleisch from Agrisort "After a few frantic calls and a visit from a sympathetic supplier who could not do much, panic set in. A lucky tip from another farmer ended up in a call to Agrisort. Three days later a team arrived at his farm, worked through the night, and the next day he was packing again at full speed. This is what Agrisort does."
The computer in your cellphone today outperforms the fastest supercomputers of yesteryear. "Things get faster and cheaper with time, and the same should be true for the technology behind fruit sorting. In the old days, it took expensive computer racks and various "high speed" (read: "very expensive!") components to get these machines to work, and even then, they were never very accurate," according to Carel.
Agrisort leverages the latest advancements to deliver a world-class product at very attractive prices. The latest in digital weighing and filtering technology does away with frustrating "screwdriver calibration". Results are accurate to 1gram, even at speeds of up to 5 cups per second - a level of accuracy only matched by a handful of imported machines. Lastly, the intuitive software
specially developed for these machines is extremely easy to use. The average user training session lasts only 5 minutes.
Agrisort is a division of Polygon Technologies, an engineering firm established in 2003. It has a local team of development and support engineers, as well as an installation team available for retrofits.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 981 7062
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-16 Sorma launches solution for fruit selection
- 2019-01-14 50% saving in labor and 50% less damage
- 2019-01-14 New potato and onion processing technology
- 2019-01-14 Latest innovations by Checchi & Magli presented in France
- 2019-01-10 Key Technology introduces enhanced FMAlert
- 2019-01-08 Futura offers solutions to markets that want to export their products
- 2019-01-04 “Growers who didn’t invest in flexible packing technology are in trouble”
- 2019-01-02 New Zealand: Bay of Plenty tech start-up to revolutionise fruit industry
- 2018-12-21 New crate turners fully operated by electric power
- 2018-12-19 New packaging line for Haluco
- 2018-12-17 Automated processing for delicate fruits
- 2018-12-17 Improving optical sorting by increasing contrast between good and bad
- 2018-12-14 Robots that will change the industry
- 2018-12-14 "Providing more efficient machines at a more reasonable price"
- 2018-12-14 "Optical sorting and larger capacity Newtec scale came at the exact right time"
- 2018-12-14 More accurate classifications with object recognition
- 2018-12-13 Robotisizing sorting and packing of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-12-06 Optical sorter helps to vertically integrate and reduce sorting costs
- 2018-12-05 "Rapid growth in five years in Spain"
- 2018-12-05 "In a citrus campaign like the current one, every cent counts"