- Laboratory Project Manager - Almeria, Spain
- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Cost-effective packshed solutions
Capetown-based Agrisort is a supplier of 3rd party fruit sorting and sizing control systems. They do not manufacture sorting machines, but instead focus solely on the supply and development of the electronics that make these machines work. Their systems are regularly retro-fitted to old machines (of any make), and are also supplied as original equipment for a number of machine manufacturers. If a sizer comes from South Africa, chances are it will have Agrisort electronics and software.
"Jimmy Zondagh an apple farmer in the Langkloof region of South Africa, processes 60 tons of apples a day at peak times peak times and any downtime on his cup sizer machine is a huge problem. In 2016, it was chaos when a nearby lightning strike took out his sizer in the middle of the season," explains Carel Hauptfleisch from Agrisort "After a few frantic calls and a visit from a sympathetic supplier who could not do much, panic set in. A lucky tip from another farmer ended up in a call to Agrisort. Three days later a team arrived at his farm, worked through the night, and the next day he was packing again at full speed. This is what Agrisort does."
The computer in your cellphone today outperforms the fastest supercomputers of yesteryear. "Things get faster and cheaper with time, and the same should be true for the technology behind fruit sorting. In the old days, it took expensive computer racks and various "high speed" (read: "very expensive!") components to get these machines to work, and even then, they were never very accurate," according to Carel.
Agrisort leverages the latest advancements to deliver a world-class product at very attractive prices. The latest in digital weighing and filtering technology does away with frustrating "screwdriver calibration". Results are accurate to 1gram, even at speeds of up to 5 cups per second - a level of accuracy only matched by a handful of imported machines. Lastly, the intuitive software
specially developed for these machines is extremely easy to use. The average user training session lasts only 5 minutes.
Agrisort is a division of Polygon Technologies, an engineering firm established in 2003. It has a local team of development and support engineers, as well as an installation team available for retrofits.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 981 7062
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-18 Pumpkin washer for the smaller grower
- 2019-11-18 Interest worldwide from strawberry cultivation in Norwegian picking robot
- 2019-11-14 Solar irrigation to battle drought in Rwanda
- 2019-11-14 Cuba's Industrial Ceballos UEB has two new industrial lines for pineapple
- 2019-11-12 IFCO SYSTEMS opens new washing plant in Portugal
- 2019-11-12 "Water-jet cutting of asparagus allows minimal waste"
- 2019-11-12 Gottmann places own blueberry packaging machine at Dutch company
- 2019-11-07 Continuing to work on mechanical fresh fruit harvesters
- 2019-11-05 Fru&Tube, the first fresh fruit vending machine
- 2019-10-30 "Rubber band bundler is part of a cost-effective solution that significantly contributes to material reduction"
- 2019-10-29 "Reemoon enters Chilean market for the first time"
- 2019-10-24 Is this how we'll be harvesting apples in the future?
- 2019-10-23 How technology helps African growers
- 2019-10-23 China-UK fund boosts smart-farm industry
- 2019-10-23 New asparagus harvesting machine
- 2019-10-22 More vitamins in mushrooms zapped with a light
- 2019-10-22 Robotics in the fruit and veg sector: From a little seed to the store shelf
- 2019-10-21 "Weighing technology helps us save on labour and give-away costs"
- 2019-10-18 "The JASA Sleever offers a solution to the increasing demand for plastic-free packaging"
- 2019-10-18 New pitting machine for sweet and sour cherries