- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Cost-effective packshed solutions
Capetown-based Agrisort is a supplier of 3rd party fruit sorting and sizing control systems. They do not manufacture sorting machines, but instead focus solely on the supply and development of the electronics that make these machines work. Their systems are regularly retro-fitted to old machines (of any make), and are also supplied as original equipment for a number of machine manufacturers. If a sizer comes from South Africa, chances are it will have Agrisort electronics and software.
"Jimmy Zondagh an apple farmer in the Langkloof region of South Africa, processes 60 tons of apples a day at peak times peak times and any downtime on his cup sizer machine is a huge problem. In 2016, it was chaos when a nearby lightning strike took out his sizer in the middle of the season," explains Carel Hauptfleisch from Agrisort "After a few frantic calls and a visit from a sympathetic supplier who could not do much, panic set in. A lucky tip from another farmer ended up in a call to Agrisort. Three days later a team arrived at his farm, worked through the night, and the next day he was packing again at full speed. This is what Agrisort does."
The computer in your cellphone today outperforms the fastest supercomputers of yesteryear. "Things get faster and cheaper with time, and the same should be true for the technology behind fruit sorting. In the old days, it took expensive computer racks and various "high speed" (read: "very expensive!") components to get these machines to work, and even then, they were never very accurate," according to Carel.
Agrisort leverages the latest advancements to deliver a world-class product at very attractive prices. The latest in digital weighing and filtering technology does away with frustrating "screwdriver calibration". Results are accurate to 1gram, even at speeds of up to 5 cups per second - a level of accuracy only matched by a handful of imported machines. Lastly, the intuitive software
specially developed for these machines is extremely easy to use. The average user training session lasts only 5 minutes.
Agrisort is a division of Polygon Technologies, an engineering firm established in 2003. It has a local team of development and support engineers, as well as an installation team available for retrofits.
For more information:
Tel: +27 21 981 7062
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Monitoring fruit ripeness with modern measuring technology
- 2019-03-22 New juicer - the Z40 Nature Adapt
- 2019-03-21 Herbex II by Ortomec, the new electrical harvester for lamb's lettuce
- 2019-03-20 Automation technology company introduces new software for digital sorter
- 2019-03-20 Produce crops now set to benefit from heat treatment expansion
- 2019-03-18 "In 2020 more than 200 systems are to be placed in the market"
- 2019-03-18 An automatic machine to salt sun-dried tomatoes
- 2019-03-18 Autonomous harvest robot for asparagus ready to start in April
- 2019-03-15 New tray tipper automates fruit delivery into KATO260 blueberry sorter
- 2019-03-15 The Greenery takes packing robot into use
- 2019-03-14 "Compact MOP-200 system represents great efficiency and extreme hygiene"
- 2019-03-14 Delicate-looking robot gripper can lift 100 times its own weight
- 2019-03-13 New Zealand: South Island packhouse upgrades technology
- 2019-03-13 Packing robot delivered June 2018
- 2019-03-12 "Waste is ultimately halved"
- 2019-03-11 Israeli agro-drone for picking, thinning and pruning
- 2019-03-07 Pulsed Electric Field technology is a novel potato processing application
- 2019-03-05 Cutting-edge fruit sorting technology has led to rich pickings
- 2019-02-27 "With the Regio-Box, we offer a new Touchpoint"
- 2019-02-27 Blueberry demand results in unique technology support