- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Ontario growers seek support after losses from floods
“This is the second year in a row” of volatile weather, said president Keith Currie. “The areas most hit with drought last year are getting hardest hit with rain this year.”
The back-to-back bad conditions have prompted PC MPP Jim Wilson to call on the government to provide additional aid to farmers. He toured affected properties in his Simcoe-Grey, riding with staff from the agriculture minister’s office, but said he was “very, very disappointed” to hear that no new funds are forthcoming, especially when about one-third of farmers have no crop insurance.
North of Toronto, Beeton farmers Barry and Bonnie Dorsey lost hundreds of acres after a torrential storm in late June, estimating $2.5 million in damages to crops including potatoes, onions and carrots.
The government says it is “too soon to determine the full impact this year’s unpredictable weather will have on crops across the province” and Agriculture Minister Jeff Leal plans to continue to keep a close eye on the situation.
Read more at thestar.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-16 Cayman Islands must reduce hundreds of millions in food imports
- 2019-10-16 Pakistan: Potatoes to be cultivated on 465,400 ha
- 2019-10-15 Productive season for fruit and veg growers in the Crimea
- 2019-10-15 Italy: good performance for autumn-winter productions, weak market for grapes
- 2019-10-14 Vegetable farming in Bangladesh rises sharply
- 2019-10-14 Peruvian fruit and vegetable exports increased by 6.8% in 2019
- 2019-10-14 Indian government reviews tomato price situation
- 2019-10-14 “The Spanish import campaign has started with quality and stable prices”
- 2019-10-11 Demand for Peruvian products in Saudi Arabia on the rise
- 2019-10-11 Spanish agro-food exports to the United Kingdom broke records in 2018
- 2019-10-11 The Spanish food distribution sector grew by 1.5% in 2018
- 2019-10-10 "Roadblocks are preventing us from getting our product to the ports"
- 2019-10-10 Different fruit and veg sold at wholesale markets in Guangzhou & Hong Kong
- 2019-10-09 Peruvian Hass avocado from Valle del Cauca attracts international investors
- 2019-10-09 Which vegetables are technically fruit?
- 2019-10-09 Will Brexit open up a new market for Latin American agri products?
- 2019-10-09 2018 net fresh fruit imports for Singapore totaled $528 million USD
- 2019-10-08 Collapse of Bulgarian fruit and veg exports
- 2019-10-08 Polish fruit production falling by 20 to 25%
- 2019-10-08 Syria: Unprofitable tomato season for Daraa province