- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
- Supply Manager - Category Team (Berries Figs & Pomegranates) Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane (Australia)
Top 5 -last week
- Myanmar avocados trial in the UK
- Blueberry grower alleges United Exports claimed royalties on unregistered varieties
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KAKI MARKET
- Destruction of vegetables in Almería due to the fall in prices this past week
- “The full weight of the ‘shared responsibility’ falls on the banana producers”
Top 5 -last month
Cambodia Quality Horticulture Initiative
Cambodia to receive $5 mln support from NZ
New Zealand and Cambodia will soon sign a partnership arrangement in Phnom Penh to launch the initiative, according to Mr Brownlee who was quoted in a New Zealand government press release.
He said that that the Cambodia Quality Horticulture Initiative will help Cambodian farmers increase their income by diversifying into more sustainable crops that will in turn improve production and food safety.
He said that as part of the initiative, New Zealand Crown Research Institute Plant & Food Research would provide Cambodia with the technical expertise to support the sustainable production and distribution of produce to markets.
According to the press release, New Zealand has significant experience developing profitable horticulture supply chains, world-class food safety standards and robust quality assurance measures.
Ho Puthea, director of horticulture and subsidiary crops at the Ministry of Agriculture, confirmed the project but said there was no official notification yet on the start date.
Mr Puthea said the Cambodia-New Zealand horticulture project would focus on vegetables and fruits.
The Cambodia Quality Horticulture Initiative is part of the Asean-New Zealand Strategic Partnership and Plan of Action 2016-2020, which supports agricultural industry training as well as food safety and standards, according to Mr Brownlee
Research conducted by Cambodia’s Centre for Policy Studies shows that between 200 to 400 tonnes of vegetables are imported daily from neighbouring countries. The research found that between $150 million and $250 million is spent annually on vegetable imports from Vietnam, Thailand and China.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-26 Aussie crops depending on school leavers ‘PickPacking’ their way around the country
- 2020-11-25 USDA announces appointments to the Mushroom Council
- 2020-11-25 Tennessee firm posts $400,000 surety bond to obtain PACA license
- 2020-11-25 “Uncertainty about UK trade deal may be contributing to ill-prepared Dutch companies”
- 2020-11-24 The Government cuts the quota of new Moroccan temporary women for the Huelva campaign by 30%
- 2020-11-24 UAE/Israel peace agreement promotes trade opportunities
- 2020-11-24 Pandemic drives drives purchases of pre-packed produce
- 2020-11-24 AU: Sterile insects to combat Qfly
- 2020-11-23 USDA restricts seven PACA violators from operating in produce industry
- 2020-11-23 The EU and Mercosur's geopolitical bet plunges into uncertainty
- 2020-11-23 Australian program intended to stop worker exploitation has only 30 certified farms
- 2020-11-20 “Only 40 days to Brexit and some companies still haven't gotten EORI numbers”
- 2020-11-20 New Australia-NZ Export Plan to bear fruit
- 2020-11-20 New York state's apple industry votes to continue $2 million marketing program
- 2020-11-19 China removes tariffs on Laos, but critics say barriers remain for Lao companies
- 2020-11-19 Westminster committee urged to recognize Scotland’s need for seasonal workers
- 2020-11-18 The EU-Mercosur agreement will be delayed at least to the end of 2021
- 2020-11-18 CBP Field Operations scores big with $11 million methamphetamine seizure at Pharr International Bridge
- 2020-11-18 AU: National strategy for managing fruit fly released
- 2020-11-17 USDA restricts PACA violators in California, Florida and Texas