- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Regional Quality Assurance (QA) Manager Fresh - Antwerp, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
High-tech farms in Singapore take on cold-weather crops
One such farm is Sustenir, which grows hydroponic crops in a fully controlled environment. This includes making use of technology such as LED lights, air-conditioning ducts and an automated irrigation system to grow temperate produce such as kale, cherry tomatoes and strawberries.
Co-founder Benjamin Swan explained that the firm leverages technology to manipulate every facet of growth within the room, from humidity and temperature, to the nutrients in the water.
This has helped the farm cut the growth time of crops to two weeks - half the time needed at conventional farms - as well as customising its crops to fit customer preferences. For example, it has successfully modified the naturally fibrous and indigestible stems of kale crops to become edible.
Da Paolo Group is one eatery chain that sources its kale from the farm, and its group executive chef Andrea Scarpa said he found the produce "very comparable" to that found overseas.
Read more at Channel NewsAsia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-15 No giant greenhouse in Seeland
- 2019-05-15 Decontamination chamber provides solution against tomato virus
- 2019-05-13 Can organic tomatoes be grown in heated greenhouses?
- 2019-05-10 Greenhouse with Spanish technology opens in Peru
- 2019-05-09 France: Tomato greenhouse destroyed in Brittany
- 2019-05-09 Rougeline relies on greenhouse crops
- 2019-05-06 "Water temperature essential element in growing on floating systems"
- 2019-05-03 Area of fruit cultivation in greenhouses rises by 30 percet
- 2019-05-03 "Between Christmas and Pentecost, our sales go up to 120%"
- 2019-05-03 Wendy's is advertising greenhouse-grown tomatoes
- 2019-05-02 New greenhouse to open in Pennsylvania
- 2019-05-01 North America mini sweet pepper production transitioning
- 2019-04-29 Largest harvest of root and tuber vegetables
- 2019-04-24 Alberta greenhouse grower rejuvenating interest in red lettuce
- 2019-04-24 Shortage of colored bell peppers to ease after holiday pull
- 2019-04-22 Greenhouse grower offering two new tomato recipes
- 2019-04-19 Swedish supermarket opens onsite container farm
- 2019-04-19 DTPH-60 : Promising tomato hybrid for protected cultivation
- 2019-04-18 Italy: Thirteen hectares of lettuce grown on a floating system
- 2019-04-17 "The UK is never the first to switch to Dutch greenhouses vegetables"