- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Applications for 2018 are already open
"Landgard Foundation expands project "Our school garden"
Together with teachers, parents and supporters, two raised vegetable patches were filled and planted with various native fruit and vegetable varieties as well as flowers and herbs.
The Landgard Foundation has given the official start-up for its new project "Unser Schulgarten" with campaign days in three different federal states. Within the scope of the pilot phase, five primary schools in Niederkassel-Lülsdorf, Hamburg, Steinfurt, Mandeln and Krefeld were provided with plants and all the important utensils for a school garden as well as extensive teaching material.
Johannes B. Kerner has taken over the patronage for the school garden project, "by creating our environment and promoting practical skills, the children not only strengthen their social skills, but they learn to value and take pride in their actions in everyday life. "
The Landgard Foundation also received support and much approval from politicians. The deputy chairman of the CDU parliamentary group in North Rhine-Westphalia, Christina Schulze Föcking (back row, third from right), praised the commitment of Landgard Foundation and opened
the new school garden in Steinfurt together with students and
representatives of the school, parish and Landgard Foundation.
In addition to Johannes B. Kerner, who personally accompanied the opening in Hamburg, the Landgard Foundation received further political support. Christina Schulze Föcking, the deputy chairwoman of the CDU party in North Rhine-Westphalia, praised the commitment of the Landgard Foundation to the opening of the school garden in Steinfurt: "The project makes an important contribution to environmental education and at the same time imparts important knowledge about healthy nutrition to the pupils. By actively exploring the world they live in, children learn to better understand nature and take responsibility for it."
Celebrity support: the patron of the new school garden project, Johannes B. Kerner (left) accompanied by Armin Rehberg, Chairman of the Landgard Foundation (right). Together they opened the new school garden in Hamburg.
In the past few days, the pupils of the five pilot schools, together with their teachers, committed parents, representatives of the Landgard Foundation and other supporters, planted the first two vegetable patches at the five pilot schools. To this end, the Landgard Foundation provided schools with the raised vegetable patches as well as the necessary plants, earth and garden tools. Subsequently, the new school gardens were officially opened. After the successful start, the Landgard Foundation has already taken a closer look at the next phase of the primary school project: "Unser Schulgarten" ["Our school garden"] is scheduled to be introduced across Germany in the coming year. Interested schools from all over Germany can already apply for this.
Armin Rehberg, chairman of the Landgard Foundation, said: "With 'our school garden', we want to show as many pupils as possible how healthy fruits and vegetables and flowers and plants grow and where they come from. Now it is important to collect important experiences. The start was already very impressive. That is why we are looking forward to the next year, where our project will be run nationally in Germany and continue to grow. "
Interested schools can contact the Landgard Foundation directly.
You can obtain information and the necessary documents for registration
at: unser_Schulgarten@landgard.de .
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-24 “We have created an innovative platform that gives producers their power back"
- 2019-05-24 Costa Rica: Researchers create a new digital application to ensure safety of veg
- 2019-05-23 AU: The new versatile collaborative robot set to reduce the potential for workplace injuries
- 2019-05-22 Aquaponics adapted for Africa
- 2019-05-20 NZ: A new level of weather protection for avocado growers is proving a success
- 2019-05-20 South Korea and smart farming
- 2019-05-16 World's first mango harvester in field trials
- 2019-05-14 Mercadona to automate fresh food distribution at four DCs with Cimcorp
- 2019-05-13 Germany’s first electric Autobahn opens near Frankfurt
- 2019-05-13 Researchers develop fluorescent probes to detect Ethylene
- 2019-05-09 Edible protein coating on perishables as a solution for food waste
- 2019-05-09 Electrically powered harvester for green asparagus presented
- 2019-05-07 Smart tech the new tool for African farmers
- 2019-05-06 Water saving research already bearing fruit in the UK
- 2019-05-03 Robot farming startup Iron Ox sells first produce in California
- 2019-05-02 New company debuts avocado leaf tea
- 2019-05-01 Aerobotics breaks new ground in digital agronomy
- 2019-05-01 Improvements announced for Avocado Quality Meter
- 2019-04-30 Packing robot SmartPackr will provide a breakthrough in technology
- 2019-04-30 "We have found an effective solution for seed disinfection"