- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Violence in Mexico puts avocado exports to the US at risk
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Clearing the rubble in Spain after the severe weather; leafy vegetable shortages a sure thing in the winter"
Simplot cancels plans to grow commercial GMO potatoes in Canada this year
Innate potatoes bruise less and have less black spots than conventional potatoes.
Doug Cole, director of marketing and communications, said the company is holding off allowing commercial growth of Innate potatoes in Canada until there's a proven market for them.
"There is strong interest from the grower community and retailers are also interested. But it's a very involved purchase decision," said Cole.
"Because we're the only branded bio-tech item in the produce aisle it's an involved decision, right, and so they don't want to take it without a lot of advisement and we certainly understand that and we'll be patient. When there's a market we'll be there."
He said there are about five acres of test plots on P.E.I. this year. That potato will require 50 per cent less pesticides, which he thinks both farmers and consumers will be interested in.
Cole added over the last three years, the acreage in the United States has grown to 6,000 acres, and the potatoes are sold in about 4,000 supermarkets across 40 states.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-16 National Trade Advertising Campaign with very interesting facts
- 2019-10-16 The worst is over, but is the nation prepared for next year?
- 2019-10-16 India: MMTC’s 2,000 ton onion import tender fails to draw bids
- 2019-10-16 UK potatoes delisted from Polish supermarket
- 2019-10-15 Onion prices in China sliding
- 2019-10-15 "This year, Dutch onions can once again play a key role on the world stage"
- 2019-10-15 'Offering organic Green Onions Year-Round
- 2019-10-14 Tennis star, Novak Djokovic, knows how to harvest potatoes too
- 2019-10-14 Big onion trader duped, police yet to crack the case
- 2019-10-14 Processing effect on biofortified sweet potato chips
- 2019-10-14 India sets quality standards for global potato trade
- 2019-10-14 "Exports of Chinese onions to India increasing"
- 2019-10-14 Onion prices bring politicians to tears in Maharashtra
- 2019-10-14 Sweet potatoes on Flemish soil
- 2019-10-14 Canada: Harvest is as challenging as planting for P.E.I. farmers
- 2019-10-11 Texas sweet onions makes debut at the World Food Championships
- 2019-10-11 Potato, onion and sweet corn farmers rush to harvest due to early freeze
- 2019-10-11 Shoppers willing to spend more on specialty onions during holidays
- 2019-10-11 North Carolina sweet potato harvest much slower than usual
- 2019-10-10 Indian govt to import onions to combat shortages