- Office (sales) manager China - Zhangjiagang
- Apple Production Manager - Freestate, South Africa
- Entomologist - Canada
- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
With pictures going around online, some believe it to be some kind of practical joke or late April fool's gag, but Del Monte insists it is real. At present the company holds the patent on the new pineapple and will be the only company who will be growing and selling it.
According to the FDA, the new pineapples have been genetically engineered to produce lower levels of the enzymes already found in conventional pineapples which convert the pink pigment lycopene to the yellow pigment beta carotene.
Unfortunately, there is no official word out yet on where and when you can actually buy a pink pineapple, so for now, pictures will have to do. At least until consumers finally get the chance to see what pink pineapple tastes like.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-05-31 "Pineapples are overpriced and natural flowering is about to begin"
- 2017-05-30 Portugal: Fresh pineapples from the Azores are mainly for local consumption
- 2017-05-30 Mexico's melon production increases
- 2017-05-29 Malaysian pineapple exports to China expected to double by 2020
- 2017-05-26 Watermelons look towards a strong 2017 in North America
- 2017-05-25 South African plant stops pineapple concentrate production
- 2017-05-24 ICA makes laser marking a permanent practice
- 2017-05-23 China: 2017 Xuwen Pineapple Culture Touring Festival
- 2017-05-23 Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- 2017-05-22 France and Germany buy half of Spain's melons
- 2017-05-19 Watermelons competing with stonefruit & grapes in Germany
- 2017-05-18 Pineapple & durian exports to China could lift prices in Malaysia
- 2017-05-17 "The best opportunities for the Piel de Sapo are in the international market"
- 2017-05-16 AU: Capogreco melons well received in Japan
- 2017-05-15 China: Yurun watermelons available in the market in three weeks
- 2017-05-12 French melon acreage is stable
- 2017-05-11 Year-round melon production in the very north of South Africa
- 2017-05-10 The seedless watermelons that are consolidating in the markets
- 2017-05-10 Nunhems presents watermelons suitable for organic market
- 2017-05-10 Florida encountering a tough start with watermelons