- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Polish blueberry growers set 30 minute cooling standard
The “30 minutes” standard is one of a variety of steps undertaken in order to further improve the processes of storing and packing blueberry fruit. Another important step is the “7 Rules of Good Harvest” which are instrumental in the training of pickers and raising even further the quality of the excellent hand picking which Polish farms are renowned for.
Those new standards were developed on farms belonging to the Polish Berry Cooperative, which was created by 3 leading Polish blueberry producer groups. Together, they are the No. 1 producer of blueberries in Europe. Blueberries are picked and pre-cooled according to the “30 minutes” standard in 3 regions in Poland – near Lublin, Rzeszów and in Wielkopolska.
Polish Berry Cooperative members work according to the highest production standards and use modern equipment at their packhouses, to produce not only great tasting, but also great quality fruit, able to withstand shipping and distribution challenges, to such distant markets as Southeast Asia.
Although the temperatures were unexpectedly low this year, there is only minimal frost damage on the farms. The members of the Cooperative have been consistently investing in frost protection infrastructure, such as tunnels, wind mills, overhead sprinklers and fogging machines.
The upcoming season is shaping up to be quite promising, this year PBC is hoping to reach new markets in Asia and expand their reach in Europe.
For more informtion:
Tel: +48 602 121 062
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-19 "Companies that are caught selling false organic apples should receive major punishments"
- 2019-07-17 Blueberry prices plummeting in Poland
- 2019-07-16 “Apples still stored in cold rooms are responsible for current low prices”
- 2019-07-15 Disease prevention in raspberry cultivation
- 2019-07-12 "Imported Polish apples popular in China"
- 2019-07-11 "Hot temperatures are causing the production of tomatoes to slow down"
- 2019-07-10 Poland: Haskap berry season only lasted for two weeks
- 2019-07-09 “Prices for soft fruit were totally unstable in the past two weeks”
- 2019-07-08 Tough situation on Polish gooseberry market
- 2019-07-05 “These extremes are causing disruptions to the blueberry season”
- 2019-07-04 “Our brand Bio Queen is now recognizable on the European markets”
- 2019-07-03 “Polish companies are competing with each other to offer the lowest price”
- 2019-07-02 Polish super fruits have their own holiday
- 2019-07-01 FreshPlaza Poland Special
- 2018-06-29 Haskap producers need to work together for promotion
- 2018-06-28 More Polish producers turn to printed foil packaging
- 2018-06-27 Polish raspberry prices under pressure
- 2018-06-26 Could exotic mushrooms be a solution to labour shortages?
- 2018-06-25 Talk of crop failure amongst Polish summer fruit growers
- 2018-06-25 Poland: Producers protest against low potato prices