- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
Cashew prices skyrocket after low yields in Vietnam & Cambodia
“Shortfalls in the nut crop in Vietnam and Cambodia have affected the market sentiments. The shortfall is reported to be about 40% but the market is reacting to it in a scary way. Prices are at historic high and demand seems to be still resilient,” said Pratap Nair of Vijayalakshmi Cashews. Demand is robust for cashew nuts despite competing nuts like almonds and hazel nuts selling at a discount, he added.
Traders were expecting the demand to slip due to high prices but surprisingly, in the last 4 months, the market has surpassed the previous peak of 5.00 seen briefly in October 2016, Pankaj said. According to market reports, nut ingredients market, in terms of volume, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2014 to 2019.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-16 North Bay Produce, Inc. releases dried fruit line
- 2019-10-16 New Saudi Arabian research to boost global date fruit production
- 2019-10-14 ‘Capacity for 160,000 pounds of hazelnuts per hour’
- 2019-10-14 Indian tariffs could dampen joy about super almond crop in California
- 2019-10-10 Treehouse Almonds to add 255,000 square feet & hire more employees
- 2019-10-09 France focuses on new hazelnut production model
- 2019-10-08 Pakistan gears towards exotic foreign date varieties
- 2019-10-08 Almond producers vote to continue marketing order program for CA almonds
- 2019-10-08 Per capita consumption of nuts in Spain amounts to 3.13 kg / year
- 2019-10-04 Outlook California’s fruit and tree nuts
- 2019-10-04 Stocks of Tasmanian walnut grower Webster Limited rise 52%
- 2019-10-04 Turkey has "off-year" for pistachio production, low volumes expected
- 2019-10-03 New harvest of French walnuts in-shell
- 2019-10-03 “Date season looks promising despite the delay”
- 2019-10-03 Almond cultivation becoming increasingly popular
- 2019-10-03 California walnuts focus on high-quality and marketing
- 2019-10-02 ‘We want to create demand for Medjouls in new markets’
- 2019-10-02 Spain: Plant disease is devastating almond trees
- 2019-10-02 Chestnut situation in Europe
- 2019-09-27 California makes changes in prune market