- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Quality gives Polish blueberries competitive edge
"The frost damage depends largely on the region. We are located in an area which is quite mild in terms of weather, which has helped us through some difficult weather conditions in the past too. However, there are areas in Poland where plants suffered badly, especially with the more fragile varieties like Draper or Liberty. On the top of that, the bud set on the Bluecrop variety wasn’t very good so I don’t expect a record year in Poland in terms of volumes." said Piotr Milewski.
Milbor supplies primarily to the UK, Germany and Scandinavia. All of the fruit that the company offers are Global G.A.P. certified and they are also an approved supplier to many British, Dutch and German supermarkets. The company has also started sending small shipments to Asia, but Piotr said that the quantities have been very limited. Milbor's blueberries are available from July to October.
A large part of Milbor’s blueberries are offered in top sealed punnets and Piotr said that he has seen more and more interest from retailers wanting to switch over to this more modern form of packaging. The fresh blueberries are primarily sold in quantities of 125-500 grams, along with bulk packaging, depending on client requirements.
"I believe that the demand for Polish blueberries will continue to increase due to their level of high quality compared to our main competitors."
For more information:
Mobile: +48 660 00 25 26
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-19 "Companies that are caught selling false organic apples should receive major punishments"
- 2019-07-17 Blueberry prices plummeting in Poland
- 2019-07-16 “Apples still stored in cold rooms are responsible for current low prices”
- 2019-07-15 Disease prevention in raspberry cultivation
- 2019-07-12 "Imported Polish apples popular in China"
- 2019-07-11 "Hot temperatures are causing the production of tomatoes to slow down"
- 2019-07-10 Poland: Haskap berry season only lasted for two weeks
- 2019-07-09 “Prices for soft fruit were totally unstable in the past two weeks”
- 2019-07-08 Tough situation on Polish gooseberry market
- 2019-07-05 “These extremes are causing disruptions to the blueberry season”
- 2019-07-04 “Our brand Bio Queen is now recognizable on the European markets”
- 2019-07-03 “Polish companies are competing with each other to offer the lowest price”
- 2019-07-02 Polish super fruits have their own holiday
- 2019-07-01 FreshPlaza Poland Special
- 2018-06-29 Haskap producers need to work together for promotion
- 2018-06-28 More Polish producers turn to printed foil packaging
- 2018-06-27 Polish raspberry prices under pressure
- 2018-06-26 Could exotic mushrooms be a solution to labour shortages?
- 2018-06-25 Talk of crop failure amongst Polish summer fruit growers
- 2018-06-25 Poland: Producers protest against low potato prices