- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
NZ research shows huge potential for mesh covered potato crops
The effectiveness of the mesh at protecting potatoes from the tomato-potato psyllid [TPP] was tested in a trial at the Foundation for Arable Research (FAR) field site at Lincoln.
Future Farming Centre head Dr Charles Merfield said the mesh was "incredibly effective. It kept 99 per cent of the psyllids out from under the mesh despite an infested plot of potatoes being just a couple of metres away, " Charles Merfield, head of Future Farming Centre said.
Merfield said if they had dug the mesh cover in there would have been no psyllids at all and it would have offered 100 per cent control.
Fine mesh had the potential to control all potato insect pests and blight and increase yield, Merfield said.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 With stocks almost depleted throughout Europe - new potato season has started
- 2019-03-22 "Demand for Austrian goods remains good at home and abroad"
- 2019-03-22 Philippines: Department of Agriculture to suspend onion imports pending cartel probe
- 2019-03-22 Turkey to import Egyptian potatoes
- 2019-03-22 Peruvian farmer grows 400 potato varieties just to preserve them
- 2019-03-22 Heritage and specialty potato varieties taking Ireland by storm
- 2019-03-22 “The favorable conditions for the French potato market will last until mid-April”
- 2019-03-21 "Onion prices have doubled, even tripled in some cases"
- 2019-03-21 'Hardly any firm-cooking potatoes - good availability of onions'
- 2019-03-21 Potatoes: Once banal, now deemed a superfood
- 2019-03-21 Spanish region of Castile-Leon expects to cultivate 20,000 hectares of potatoes
- 2019-03-21 Record for French export
- 2019-03-21 "We are going to start running two shifts to respond to demand"
- 2019-03-21 Dutch potato exporters visit Cuba
- 2019-03-21 South Africa: Researchers reflect on 30 years of potato breeding
- 2019-03-21 “Condensation drying technique might not be like a hospital, but it is like a nursing home”
- 2019-03-21 Onion peeler results in reduction of workforce
- 2019-03-20 “With this peeling machine we can process a lot of sizes”
- 2019-03-20 Ethylene delays sprouting in onions and potatoes
- 2019-03-20 Kenyan potato farmers tally up losses after aphid infestation