- Junior buyer/ seller - Alicante, Spain
- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Sales Manager
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Package with avocados in different ripening stages launched
- Unrest in Chile affects cherry export to China
- Blueberries see stronger availability for 2019-2020 imports
- Hars & Hagebauer is looking for agents/producers in South Africa
- "It is everyone’s responsibility to accurately show how many hectares have been planted and where to forecast the future volumes"
Top 5 -last month
Local Roots showcases traveling indoor farm
Centrally located in the main SXSW exhibition hall (Booths #2011-2015), festival-goers will have an opportunity to tour inside the high tech farm. The tour focuses on the Local Roots proprietary approach to indoor farming, including the design and engineering of their modular indoor farms. Capitalizing on both traditional farming methods and scientific breakthroughs at NASA, the Local Roots traveling farm features the newest methods of agricultural production.
“There is nothing like experiencing the farm firsthand,” says Local Roots VP of Business Development Brandon Martin. “We’re excited to make this unique experience available to the public with the launch of our cross-country tour. The interactive experience is truly unique and provides a profound understanding of the impact this technology will have on the future of farming.”
During the SXSW Festival, Local Roots Founder and CEO Eric Ellestad will speak on the Funding the Future of Food Tech panel on March 12. Local Roots will also be on display at the Food and Tech Innovation Spotlight on March 11. The program will explore the practical applications for this new form of growing food, including urban development and the creation of a more sustainable food system.
SXSW is the first of a series of road trips, with plans for the traveling farm to make quarterly tours throughout 2017. Additional dates and cities will be announced in May 2017. The farm will be used as an educational tool to inspire consumers about agriculture science & technology with stops at schools, corporate campuses, restaurants, and festivals throughout the U.S.
For more information:
Local Roots Farms
5000 Hampton Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-11-14 "Tunnel cultivation is of strategic importance for our planet"
- 2019-11-14 Netherlands: Organic 58 ha facility acquired by Best Fresh
- 2019-11-12 Are Dutch Venlo-style greenhouses feasible in China?
- 2019-11-11 RAIF warns about presence of tomato russet mite in greenhouses of Almeria
- 2019-11-08 "This Dutch greenhouse vegetable season had its highs and lows"
- 2019-11-04 LED Lighted greenhouses shown in new photography project
- 2019-11-01 Bulgaria’s greenhouse veg production grew by 28.1% in 2018
- 2019-10-30 Austrian grower brings organic tomatoes to China
- 2019-10-30 Simply Fresh invests $30 million to optimize quality production in India
- 2019-10-29 Simply Fresh investing $30M for greenhouse project in India
- 2019-10-29 Russia harvests almost 1 million tons of greenhouse vegetables in first nine months of 2019
- 2019-10-28 Greenhouse vegetable production in Bulgaria grew 28.1% in 2018
- 2019-10-28 "October still dramatic for Spanish greenhouse vegetables"
- 2019-10-25 “Our main goal is to attract people to the sector using VR glasses”
- 2019-10-25 New expansion for Gotham Greens
- 2019-10-24 Special brand developed for vertically-grown products
- 2019-10-23 New micro greens product makes retail launch
- 2019-10-22 Netherlands: In addition to ToBRFV, PepMV also found at Dutch growers
- 2019-10-22 "The last leg of the Dutch greenhouse season"
- 2019-10-22 "Smaller Spanish tomato area creates opportunities for lit tomato season"