- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Manager / director vegetable processing Russia
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US officers find over $18 mln worth of methamphetamine in carrot shipment
- Europe's avocado consumption will reach the US level within 8 years
- Rains will put pressure on California strawberry supplies
- Washington growers prepare for cherry season
- Farmers in Belize fear their carrots may rot because of Mexican imports
Top 5 -last week
Local Roots showcases traveling indoor farm
Centrally located in the main SXSW exhibition hall (Booths #2011-2015), festival-goers will have an opportunity to tour inside the high tech farm. The tour focuses on the Local Roots proprietary approach to indoor farming, including the design and engineering of their modular indoor farms. Capitalizing on both traditional farming methods and scientific breakthroughs at NASA, the Local Roots traveling farm features the newest methods of agricultural production.
“There is nothing like experiencing the farm firsthand,” says Local Roots VP of Business Development Brandon Martin. “We’re excited to make this unique experience available to the public with the launch of our cross-country tour. The interactive experience is truly unique and provides a profound understanding of the impact this technology will have on the future of farming.”
During the SXSW Festival, Local Roots Founder and CEO Eric Ellestad will speak on the Funding the Future of Food Tech panel on March 12. Local Roots will also be on display at the Food and Tech Innovation Spotlight on March 11. The program will explore the practical applications for this new form of growing food, including urban development and the creation of a more sustainable food system.
SXSW is the first of a series of road trips, with plans for the traveling farm to make quarterly tours throughout 2017. Additional dates and cities will be announced in May 2017. The farm will be used as an educational tool to inspire consumers about agriculture science & technology with stops at schools, corporate campuses, restaurants, and festivals throughout the U.S.
For more information:
Local Roots Farms
5000 Hampton Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-23 "Vegetable farming on the moon is possible, as the past months have shown"
- 2019-05-23 Turkey takes initiative on hi-tech greenhouses
- 2019-05-22 Can California cherries be protected against rain events?
- 2019-05-15 No giant greenhouse in Seeland
- 2019-05-15 Decontamination chamber provides solution against tomato virus
- 2019-05-13 Can organic tomatoes be grown in heated greenhouses?
- 2019-05-10 Greenhouse with Spanish technology opens in Peru
- 2019-05-09 Rougeline relies on greenhouse crops
- 2019-05-09 France: Tomato greenhouse destroyed in Brittany
- 2019-05-06 "Water temperature essential element in growing on floating systems"
- 2019-05-03 Area of fruit cultivation in greenhouses rises by 30 percet
- 2019-05-03 Wendy's is advertising greenhouse-grown tomatoes
- 2019-05-03 "Between Christmas and Pentecost, our sales go up to 120%"
- 2019-05-02 New greenhouse to open in Pennsylvania
- 2019-05-01 North America mini sweet pepper production transitioning
- 2019-04-29 Largest harvest of root and tuber vegetables
- 2019-04-24 Alberta greenhouse grower rejuvenating interest in red lettuce
- 2019-04-24 Shortage of colored bell peppers to ease after holiday pull
- 2019-04-22 Greenhouse grower offering two new tomato recipes
- 2019-04-19 Swedish supermarket opens onsite container farm