- Lead Glasshouse Engineer - Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
- Laborant - Bleiswijk
- Farm Manager - India
- Maintenance Technician - Peats Ridge, Australia
- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Lower store prices expected for fruit and veg
Poultry prices are expected to rise 1.5 to 2.5 percent, dairy prices could increase between 2 and 3 percent, and cereal and bakery product prices are expected to rise as much as 1.25 percent in 2017. On the other hand, consumers are expected to face lower prices in 2017 for beef and veal, eggs, and fruits and vegetables.
Prices for beef and veal could decrease as much as 2.5 percent, egg prices are expected to fall 3 to 4 percent, and consumers could pay up to 0.5 percent less for fruits and vegetables.
These forecasts are based on an assumption of normal weather conditions. Severe weather or other unforeseen events could drive up food prices beyond the current forecasts. Conversely, a strengthening U.S. dollar could continue to make the sale of domestic food products overseas more difficult. This would increase the supply of foods on the domestic market, placing downward pressure on retail food prices. More information on ERS’s food price forecasts can be found in ERS’s Food Price Outlook data product, updated February 23, 2017.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-30 "We will lose the whole of November, usually a very busy time for us,”
- 2020-10-30 $1.2 mln funding to support New York state specialty crops
- 2020-10-30 Colombia approves trade agreement with the United Kingdom
- 2020-10-30 Recent farm bills have made progress in helping US specialty farmers
- 2020-10-29 Predictive analysis: How it is used in the industry to drive business
- 2020-10-29 "Thanks to increased domestic tourism, we had lots to do"
- 2020-10-29 Local Elstar, Jonagold and Royal Gala dominated the market
- 2020-10-29 Kerala growers sceptical about MSP for fruits and vegetables
- 2020-10-29 Indian festival of lights is coming up, affecting market prices
- 2020-10-29 Western Cape growers show resilience in the face of Covid-19
- 2020-10-29 Most profitable Kenyan crops
- 2020-10-29 Vietnamese fruit and vegetable exports expected to recover after nine-month slump
- 2020-10-28 EU-27 agri-food trade still sees growth, despite COVID and Brexit
- 2020-10-28 'EU fruit & vegetable sector managed to absorb shock of first Covid-wave thanks to producer organizations'
- 2020-10-28 Namibia: Consumption by government agencies can drive agro value chain
- 2020-10-27 'Highlighting resilience of fruit & vegetable sector despite COVID-19 socio-economic challenges'
- 2020-10-27 Weekly prices for Bramley's Seedlings, Cox Orange group and Braeburns down slightly
- 2020-10-27 Barclays launch Eagle Lab Farm to boost future of UK agriculture
- 2020-10-27 "Worst case scenario unfolded for us during the lockdown"
- 2020-10-27 Argentina promotes Buenos Aires' fruit and vegetable exports to Brazil