- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Gil Ben-Moshe from Hefer Valley:
"Israel: "Smaller volumes of big Orri this year"
“Our Orri is sent to markets all over Europe, as well as to North America. Because we sell the fruit at the same FOB prices, we do not have any preference for market destinations,” Ben-Moshe continues. Nowadays Spain is also cultivating Orri. “However, quality-wise, there is no competition. Spain is actually a major importer of Israeli Orri. Spanish consumers really appreciate the sweetness of our fruit. But it is also visible on other markets, Israeli Orri is much more expensive than the Spanish Orri.”
The weaker euro also has its effect on the fruit. “The euro is currently putting pressure on prices when exporting to the EU, because the currency is very weak at the moment. This results in European customers having to pay higher prices for imported fruit. This will have a somewhat negative effect on consumption, but we believe the balance point between price and consumption will be found eventually. However, the Orri is not an exotic fruit, it is a much more basic product. It therefore suffers less in times like these compared with true exotics,” Ben-Moshe concludes.
For more information:
HEFER VALLEY EXPORT
Tel: +(972) 54 748 0990
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-19 High demand for grapefruit and quiet lemon market due to lack of good sizes
- 2020-10-19 Fresh Calabrian bergamot citrus headed to France
- 2020-10-19 Horticulture Vision-2030 explores Pakistan’s kinnow export potential
- 2020-10-19 "Between November and December there will be a 30% increase in the volume of oranges and clementines"
- 2020-10-19 The value of citrus fruit grows thanks to its health benefits
- 2020-10-16 Spanish oranges will face less competition this campaign
- 2020-10-16 Outlook for Australian citrus season quite positive
- 2020-10-16 Cordoba's citrus campaign starts with a slightly lower production
- 2020-10-15 Covid-19 helps continue strong mandarin movement
- 2020-10-15 University of Florida scientists make big stride toward greening-resistant citrus trees
- 2020-10-15 "We expect stable prices for Spanish mandarins over the coming weeks"
- 2020-10-15 "The citrus campaign has not started with the expected prices and demand"
- 2020-10-15 World Citrus Organisation finalises preparations for first edition of its Global Citrus Congress
- 2020-10-14 EU can tariff $4 billion worth of US products each year
- 2020-10-14 Tailor-made supplies for the European citrus fruits market
- 2020-10-13 Elite athletes will promote Spanish lemons in Europe and North America
- 2020-10-13 New shopper behavior trends to shape California citrus season marketing
- 2020-10-13 South African citrus export heads for record heights in 2020
- 2020-10-13 Thailand and Peru finalise details for citrus & grape imports
- 2020-10-12 "The Moroccan season is about to start