- Head Grower - USA
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Sales Manager
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Tomato Breeder (H/F)
- Junior / Senior Export Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Gil Ben-Moshe from Hefer Valley:
"Israel: "Smaller volumes of big Orri this year"
“Our Orri is sent to markets all over Europe, as well as to North America. Because we sell the fruit at the same FOB prices, we do not have any preference for market destinations,” Ben-Moshe continues. Nowadays Spain is also cultivating Orri. “However, quality-wise, there is no competition. Spain is actually a major importer of Israeli Orri. Spanish consumers really appreciate the sweetness of our fruit. But it is also visible on other markets, Israeli Orri is much more expensive than the Spanish Orri.”
The weaker euro also has its effect on the fruit. “The euro is currently putting pressure on prices when exporting to the EU, because the currency is very weak at the moment. This results in European customers having to pay higher prices for imported fruit. This will have a somewhat negative effect on consumption, but we believe the balance point between price and consumption will be found eventually. However, the Orri is not an exotic fruit, it is a much more basic product. It therefore suffers less in times like these compared with true exotics,” Ben-Moshe concludes.
For more information:
HEFER VALLEY EXPORT
Tel: +(972) 54 748 0990
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-12 High prices for number one quality limes in US market
- 2020-08-12 Hurricane Hanna causes huge losses for Texas citrus
- 2020-08-12 Uruguay's Citricola Salteña registered a strong increase in income in the first half of the harvest
- 2020-08-12 South African easy peelers in short supply for recovering African trade
- 2020-08-11 New tools in the fight against lethal citrus disease
- 2020-08-11 Steger forecast for Florida oranges
- 2020-08-11 “In three weeks, the price of lime has tripled”
- 2020-08-11 The CGC asks Europe to speed things up to resume Spanish citrus exports to the US
- 2020-08-11 'Exotic Australian finger limes may help save Florida's citrus industry'
- 2020-08-11 Indian Railway Minister urged to set up dedicated Kisan Rail for kinnow transports
- 2020-08-11 South African orange season to end early
- 2020-08-11 “We have to keep the fruits affordable for the final consumer”
- 2020-08-10 Hello Fresh wins Limoneira's Pink Lemon of the Year Award
- 2020-08-10 Low domestic volumes make for strong US import market for lemons
- 2020-08-10 First Argentina lemons in China
- 2020-08-10 Argentina: "It's impossible to eradicate the black spot once it has established itself in a farm"
- 2020-08-10 South African citrus sector expects record export season to the United States
- 2020-08-10 "As losses mount, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian must consult with citrus industry"
- 2020-08-10 Cumulative volume of oranges exported to all regions at 33,195,308 cartons
- 2020-07-24 Unfavorable weather leads to smaller citrus crops in Brazil and Mexico