- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
- South African avocado growers wish the season would never end
- Australia: Packing shed to install blemish, colour and weight tomato recognition system
- "Wind turbines saved 100% of our apples during the night frost"
- Supplies of avocados to start picking up
- “Apples still stored in cold rooms are responsible for current low prices”
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
Better kiwifruit season expected in Greece this year
Besides supplying the right sizes, he explains that, in order for the fruit to be commercially successful, it needs to meet certain specifications, such as dry matter and hardness when it comes to color or taste. It ensures that it will have a long life and it can be sold until end of spring.
All of their kiwifruits are free of hormones, and that contributes to obtaining a special shape, color, taste and a long shelf life in their fruit. "Having a great quality allows you to make long distance shipments in order to earn the best prices,” Maragzokis explains.
One of the most important of these destinations, despite the distance, is China, a market where Greek kiwifruit has already been present for about 10 years. "The consumers already recognize them, as I believe we have a superior quality compared to other countries, like Italy or France. In fact, this season, we expect to double our loads for China,” he assures.
When it comes to prices, Maragzokis says that it is still difficult to predict how things will go, “but if you have the quality, the sales are much easier.” In this sense, and to facilitate promotion in overseas markets, Nespar Greece is in a cluster with another three companies.
“Our group was present in SIAL - Canada; in September, we participated at Asia Fruit Logistica in Hong Kong and now we are going to visit WOP - DUBAI."
Lastly, it is worth noting that Nespar is involved in the Premium European Kiwi project, which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Greek Ministry of Agriculture and by funds from the participating organizations.
For more information:
Author: Juan Zea Estellés / Yzza Ibrahim
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-17 Avocado cultivation in the Dominican Republic up 150%
- 2019-07-17 Peru: Pitahaya cultivation presents new opportunities for agricultural exports
- 2019-07-17 China: What IT and selling durians have in common
- 2019-07-17 “This is the best time for good quality pomegranates from India”
- 2019-07-16 Chile wants to double kiwifruit export to India within next 5 years
- 2019-07-16 “Globalisation results in more sales of exotics in summer”
- 2019-07-16 South African avocado growers wish the season would never end
- 2019-07-16 India: Harvest of pomegranates about to start in Maharashtra
- 2019-07-15 China: "Seedless lychees are even more convenient for consumers"
- 2019-07-15 "Nowadays you only stand a chance in the market with niche products"
- 2019-07-15 Kiwi berries from Ya'an expected to start at the same price as last year
- 2019-07-12 Pricing evening out for US domestic red dragon fruit
- 2019-07-12 Giumarra to launch persimmon marketing program at FPFC Expo
- 2019-07-12 Dragon fruits are becoming popular among Turkish farmers
- 2019-07-11 Kiwifruit demand in North America continues to grow
- 2019-07-11 Prices of Chinese lychees return to normal
- 2019-07-11 Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- 2019-07-11 Chilean kiwifruit season progresses in Europe and China
- 2019-07-11 Satisfying pomegranate season in India
- 2019-07-10 "Avocado market has turned around completely in a month and a half"