- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Marcin Świątek, Bialski Owoc:
"Difficult times for topfruit growers in Poland"
Marcin Świątek during the Macfrut 2016 in Italy.
Bialski Owoc has a top fruit area of 400 hectares. “We cultivate many different strains. We have three pear strains and more than 20 apple strains. We offer apples which are completely red or completely green but also lot of bicolour apples, including Idared, Lobo, Ligol and Cortland. Especially Idared is a strong strain for export.”
For Bialski Owoc, it was the first time at the Italian fresh produce fair Macfrut. Despite the fact that Poland is looking for new markets, they were the only Polish company at the fair. “We have always consciously focused on multiple markets, including the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania. This means we were never as dependent on Russia as other companies were. Many of our Polish colleagues were focused mostly on Russia. We noticed that competition increased sharply after the boycott, so now we are looking for markets all over the world.”
For more information:
Bialski Owoc Sp. z o.o.
ul. 15-go Grudnia 41; 96-230 Biała Rawska
tel. +48 533-205-500
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 "“Fuji apple sizes are running approximately three sizes larger this season"
- 2017-10-31 Enough Royal Gala for Polish producer
- 2017-10-30 Apples on the vine - an innovative method to grow fruit trees
- 2017-10-27 "This is the year in which Spanish apples can get their place in the market"
- 2017-10-27 Michigan apple growers may lose millions of dollars without migrant workers
- 2017-10-26 Crunch Time Apple Growers goes online for their SnapDragon brand refresh
- 2017-10-26 Smitten apple expanding across North America
- 2017-10-25 'Long lasting relationships much better than making a quick buck'
- 2017-10-24 Dramatic top fruit year for Sweden
- 2017-10-24 Stemilt triples production of organic Honeycrisp apples
- 2017-10-23 Oregon pear growers pleased with healthy season
- 2017-10-23 USApple launches grant program to bring healthy snacks to schools
- 2017-10-20 New Washington apple variety making inroads in market
- 2017-10-20 Korean pear market continues to see growth in US
- 2017-10-19 Over saturated Polish apple market pushes diversification
- 2017-10-19 Washington pear 2017-18 crop harvest wrapping up
- 2017-10-18 Premium apples drive category sales
- 2017-10-18 Argentina: Apple exports to Brazil fell by 58.4%
- 2017-10-17 USApple asks: How Do You #AppleADay?
- 2017-10-16 Chile is Peru's main supplier of apples